Oracle Engineer / DBA - Scripting / Automation / NoSQL
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Man Group
- 19 Sep 17
Oracle Database Engineer / DBA Leading financial services organisation have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Oracle Engineer with strong database administration and engineering skills to join a team of three other highly skilled DBAs who are responsible for engineering and administration the our Oracle 11g and 12c database estate.
Oracle Database Engineer / DBA
(NoSQL / Scripting / Automation / Cloud)
Leading financial services organisation have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Oracle Engineer with strong database administration and engineering skills to join a team of three other highly skilled DBAs who are responsible for engineering and administration the our Oracle 11g and 12c database estate.
The team are responsible for the day to day management of the Oracle database estate including engineering and all Oracle database related projects. The role involves working closely with other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
This role offers the opportunity for exposure to DevOps aligned methods of automation, real time monitoring and metrics collections using the latest Open-Source toolsets including; Ansible, Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB and openTSDB.
The ideal candidates will have some experience working in cloud based with capacity planning experience of the Physical and virtual Database server estate.
The Oracle Engineer will be expected to provide database support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
We are looking for the following skills / experience:
- Strong engineering skills and willingness and ability to innovate.
- Deep knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 11g/12c on Linux RHEL (ideally RHEL 7).
- Experience in setting up and administering Enterprise Manager and APEX
- Good working knowledge of Linux Redhat and cloud infrastructure.
- Strong scripting skills (preferably Bash, PL/SQL or Python) and a willingness to improve them.
- Experience of designing, building, configuring Data-Guard, cloning, RMAN, patching and upgrades.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate performance diagnosis and tuning techniques in the whole working stack; Database internals, OS, Storage and Networks
- Proven ability to automate builds and repetitive tasks
- Flexibility to broaden and develop skills in any area as required.
Desirable Experience but NOT essential:
- Exposure to alternative Open source RDBMS technologies and NoSQL database technologies such as MongoDB
- Experience with offsite cloud offerings and installations.
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet,
- Development and interpretation of systematic performance monitoring and metrics
- Exposure to Grafana or InfluxDB
Work - Life Balance and Benefits at Man:
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees' extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.