Ops Specialist, Line - Secured Funding Operations - Fixed Income Financing - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Team Profile - ISG Operations
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing myriad functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
- Day to Day support of the Fixed Income Financing book
- Processing lifecycle management for secured funding and securities lending transactions.
- Collateral efficiency and optimisation. Managing collateral efficiency and optimisation. LCR & HQLA ratios.
- Develop effective working relationships with external triparty agents (Euroclear, BoNY, and JPMC) ensuring all parties are engaged on delivering collateral optimisation gains.
- Daily reconciliation and clearance of position/product & internal accounting breaks.
- Setup and execution of complex financing flows
- Responding to ad-hoc queries, maintaining a strong network with all internal clients
- Interacting with other internal support areas such as Finance, BRM, Settlements, Credit
- Identification and escalation of control-related issues, develop procedures/solutions to close gaps.
- Interacting with the BRM desks, answering any ad-hoc requests/trade related questions.
Internally the group touches many other Operational areas - including Settlements, Cash Management, and Position Services. The role also works very closely with the Financing Desk, Treasury, IT, and FCG. Externally triparties agents (Euroclear, BoNY, Clearstream) are engaged on delivering collateral optimisation gains.
- Previous Fixed Income product and Repo experience required.
- Ideally experience of Financing:- Triparty financing, working with triparty agents.
- Strong communication skills:- can build internal and external relationships, and articulate key messages succinctly and effectively.
- Degree educated (2.1 ) or equivalent. Ability to pick up new tasks and functions quickly and work independently.
- We expect that the likely candidate may have developed the necessary competencies in a similar role over a 3-5 year period.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.