Opportunity in Private Equity - Finance Manager role - Central London
- £45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- LH Partners
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
My client is a well-established Venture Capital Private Equity firm with a impressive track record of performance. Their success story continues and they seek a Newly-Qualified accountant (up to 1-2 years post-qualified), ideally ACA, to cover all aspects of financial reporting, fund accounting and even commercial/investment analysis. The Finance Director, who this role would report into, would be an ideal mentor for a finance professional who wants to build their skills and experience in the PE sector. He will consider candidates from practice or industry with previous PE experience not essential.
This is a broad role, providing support to the Finance Director in all aspects of the Finance department.
The Finance Manager’s position is an integral part of the accounting and administration operations for both the fund and corporate sides of the firm. The role includes the production of periodic financial reports and maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring high quality financial and management information is provided to senior management and external investors.
The successful candidate will also assist the Finance Director in ensuring compliance obligations are met.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Plan and manage the company’s budgeting and forecasting process;
- Preparation of investor reporting in conjunction with the outside administrators;
- Preparation of investor presentations;
- Business Partner with the deal team with operational issues, report on asset performance and optimise investment returns;
- Modelling on investments;
- Provide valuation advice and strategy for the Funds;
- Preparation of statutory and management accounts and providing analysis of variances;
- Various compliance and administrative tasks;
- Other ad hoc support to ensure the smooth running of the Finance and Administration department
- VAT and FCA returns;
- Management of the year-end audit process;
- Oversight of sales and purchase ledger;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Management of an office junior who will spend approximately half their time supporting the Finance and Administration department, and who will assist and provide support to the Finance Manager.
As a small team, duties will be varied and the successful candidate will have to be comfortable operating outside of the finance function as and when required.
- Newly-qualified (up to 1-2 years PQE) ACA. Candidates can either come from a Big 4 firm,Top 20 Practice or from the investment management sector.
- Well-rounded skill-set to cover (and learn) a variety of tasks (financial/management accounting, fund accounting – which can be taught by the FD, compliance and tax matters, commercial/analytical work, etc.)
- Desire to develop their career in Private Equity
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise confidently with a variety of stakeholders (senior management, investors, external parties, etc.)