In response to an increase in assets under management, we are looking for a conscientious, numerate and bright operations and finance analyst to maintain day to day financial control over the funds Doxa Partners manages and contribute to developing an outstanding operations function.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience in either:
- Operations in a fund, financial institution, family office or service provider
- Another relevant area e.g. accountancy, compliance
What the role involves
1. Maintaining financial control
Maintaining an accurate record of fund transactions and holdings, then using this to ensure safeguarding of assets and produce investor reporting. Much of this is automated (with further automation planned) and the associated time commitment is expected to be c1/2 of your time.
- Reconcile fund transactions and balances between our systems and our custodians’
- Book fund transactions where booking is not yet automated
- Monitor commissions, fees, income, interest and withholding tax versus expectation
- Investigate differences and liaise with counterparties to resolve
- Monitor fund liquidity and margin requirements
- Maintain data integrity in our internally developed investment accounting system, Okris, and its SQL databases
- Draft weekly investor reports
- Design and maintain operations manuals so that best practice is developed and shared among the team, including for coverage for absence
- Provide thoughtful feedback to guide our ongoing systems development effort
2. Other responsibilities
Use the remainder of your time to contribute more broadly to the Operations function. Depending on your skills and where the most pressing needs are, this could include assisting with any of the following:
- Accounting and financial control for Doxa Partners
- Report development using SQL queries from the fund database
- Investment performance and execution analysis, reporting and investigation
- Management of and/or coordination with external service providers and investment counterparties
- Maintenance and development of Okris and its databases
About Doxa Partners
Doxa Partners manages a large family investment fund, focusing on direct credit investments but also comprising a wide variety of instruments and strategies, from our townhouse in Mayfair, London. Our clients have been entrepreneurially successful in their industry for nearly two centuries and are now in their sixth generation.
We are a team of seven investment professionals. We have, over eight years, developed an investing approach that we believe enables us to generate very strong consistent returns, and the systems and methodology to support this.