Operations & Compliance Analyst - Multi-Family Office
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Holbein Partners LLP
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Holbein Partners LLP is a leading multi-family office that require a first rate, dynamic, driven and highly skilled Operations & Compliance Analyst who shall facilitate, implement, support and drive a culture of operational and compliance excellence across the firm.
Holbein Partners LLP is a leading multi-family office and wealth manager to UHNWI's. We are a family-owned partnership offering expert investment advice to family offices, private clients, trusts, charitable foundations and those seeking long-term wealth preservation solutions for their financial goals.
As part of our Holbein's continued growth and development, we require a first rate, dynamic, driven and highly skilled Operations & Compliance Analyst who shall facilitate, implement, support and drive a culture of operational and compliance excellence across the firm.
This is a unique position that offers the opportunity to be given a considerable degree of responsibility in operations, compliance and middle office in a collegiate multi-family office environment. The successful candidate will have high degree of interaction with the partners and the investment team who manage complex portfolios for sophisticated clients. Reporting to the firm’s Chief Operations Officer, responsibilities include:
- The day-to-day implementation of the firm’s operations and compliance function including all aspects of reporting and control;
- Key member of the firm’s operations team including assisting in and supporting the firm’s middle office and financial reporting;
- Manage the custodial relationship to ensure accurate reporting;
- Client on-boarding including the KYC & AML, annual client & suitability reviews engagement documents, FCA classification, custodian opening documentation;
- Assisting in the firm’s statutory filings and returns including; ICAAP, FCA, Gabriel, FATCA, CRS, MiFID II, Companies House etc;
- Evidencing the in-house compliance program including best execution, complaints, personal account dealing;
- In coordination with the firm’s external compliance consultants, assisting with employee compliance training, maintenance of the firm’s compliance manual and ensuring adherence of policies therein;
- Development of documentation, processes and procedures;
- Proactive in monitoring regulatory change such as MiFID II, AIFMD, GDPR including the assessment of impact and implementation of required changes;
- Assisting the investment team in the operational due diligence of the firm’s hedge fund and private equity investments;
- Supporting the firm’s Chief Operating Officer to implement the firm’s procedures and policies;
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications
- 2 years + experience working as a compliance, operations, middle office associate / analyst for a wealth manager, family office, hedge fund, fund of funds, private equity, private bank or similar financial institution;
- Highly numerate with excellent Excel, accounting, and middle office skills;
- Strong knowledge of both portfolio accounting, compliance and operations in wealth management or financial services environment and the requirements issued by the regulatory bodies;
- Proficient in finance including portfolio accounting of hedge funds and private equity holdings;
- Practical and collaborative approach with an ability to drive a culture of accurate reporting, compliance and operational excellence across the firm;
- Effective self-management and time management skills including the ability to quickly adapt to change;
- Strong technological, written and presentation skills with the ability to present training and presentations within limited timescales with confidence and accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and engage with stakeholders, both internal and external and leading by example;
- Ability to seek and encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing compliance and operational issues;
- Dynamic, detailed orientated with a propensity to action to see the job through to completion;
- Alternative investment due diligence experience is advantageous though not a requirement;
- Other relevant professional qualifications are considered highly favorably, though not essential.
Please email CV to email@example.com detailing current remuneration package and notice period.