Operations Specialist - Credit Derivative Trade Support Group - Director (AVP)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
This is an exploratory requisition for expressions of interest in potential or future roles.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The role is within the Credit Derivative Trade Support Group (CRD TSG) which is part of Trading Operations within ISG Product Ops. CRD TSG are responsible for the Trade Date Controls for Credit Derivatives executed in EMEA. The Director role is for a supervisor to support the execution of these controls, working closely with the team along with Trading and sales. The supported products include Credit Default Swaps (CDS), Index, Tranches and Options. Processes completed by the team include monthly option expiration; Trioptima; Compressions at the Clearing Houses; daily clearing on the clearing houses include ICE, CME, LCH; Credit & Succession event processing; as well as general day to day ad-hok problem solving. The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to be exposed to a challenging product and process, provide leadership and supervision to the team and being involved in a growing business. It would give the successful individual the opportunity to take the next step in working towards a managerial role within their career within Operations.
· Part of a team of 6; Partnering closely with the Trading and Sales to provide the trade date control and escalation.
· First level of supervision the controls executed by the team to ensure all breaks are resolved timely and escalated appropriately.
· Responsible for ensuring the trade bookings are correctly reflected in the trading risk systems and match with the commercial intent by liaising with Trading, Sales, Brokers or the Counterparty directly.
· Intermediary between the Trading desk and other areas of the Morgan Stanley including, Controllers, Settlements and Confirmations teams to discuss and resolve breaks timely.
· Responsible for highlighting deficiencies in the control frameworks, suggesting solutions and leading the implementation to reduce the residual risk.
· Manage mandatory regulatory projects and process improvements by working with our partners in Technology and Clearing Projects Team.
· Analyze and break down ambiguous or complex issues into concrete deliverables and takes responsibility for ensuring deliverables are met.
· Effectively manage the control environment by balancing risk with commercial opportunities.
· Provide support to the team members, through training and coaching
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Experience in the financial services industry
· Strong risk management and control mindset
· Individual needs to be performance-driven, proactive, with proven ability to take on challenges, set and execute agenda.
· Candidate should be a dynamic self-starter with the ability to work either on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player with strong problem solving skills.
· Ability to evaluate and identify areas of risk across the organization. Identify and implement best practices and in some cases help shape the risk and project agenda.
· A willingness to engage in a wide range of issues at all levels of detail will be vital.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible to changing priorities and demonstrate good organizational skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across all levels. Ability to confidently face off to senior management across divisions
· Good interpersonal skills to build cross-divisional relationships; gain support and respect from key stakeholders (Business Unit, Operations, FCG , Legal & Compliance)
· Good project to represent information in graphical forms that enhance decision-making and communication
· Ability to multi-task in a high intensity environment
· Ability to deliver on plans, complete next steps and resolve issues in a timely manner
· Proficiency in Excel
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CN1