The role will cover SVB EMEA business (UK, Ireland, Germany, and Israel) and reporting to UK Transactional Banking Manager. This is a first line of defence SME role which will primarily cover our UK FX business with inputs globally, but will also encompass aspects of IRD’s, Bonds and Repo as SVB continues to rapidly expand
Operations Regulatory Control – Senior Officer - (9521)
The role will cover SVB EMEA business (UK, Ireland, Germany, and Israel) and reporting to UK Transactional Banking Manager.
This is a first line of defence SME role which will primarily cover our UK FX business with inputs globally, but will also encompass aspects of IRD’s, Bonds and Repo as SVB continues to rapidly expand.
The candidate will work effectively within the EMEA function to promote consistency, quality and value add to the business in everything that they do. They will also need to demonstrate a practical, common sense approach and be comfortable undertaking a full range of activities in a very fast paced environment
Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate their SME knowledge in the following areas of regulation:
- EMIR, Dodd Frank (aligning with US colleagues to ensure appropriate reporting), MIFID, SFTR
The Trade and Transaction reporting SME role will cover our EMEA business (UK, Ireland, Germany, and Israel) and reporting to the Chief Operation Officer (COO)EMEA.
This is a first line of defence role which will cover our FX business locally with inputs globally. They will be expected to collaborate effectively with FX and risk colleagues based in the UK and US to support and promote excellence in risk management within our first line of defence.
They will also be expected to work effectively within the EMEA function to promote consistency, quality and value add to the business in everything that they do. They will also need to have a practical, common sense approach and be comfortable undertaking a full range of activities.
The SME will be responsible for maintaining controls and must be a subject matter expert on:
- EMIR, Dodd Frank (work with US colleagues to ensure appropriate reporting), MIFID, SFTR
- Should also be prepared for additional reg coverage in future as other units expands into other asset classes
- Build out any Canadian coverage as requires by regulators
- Daily BAU exception investigation for all trade and transaction reporting
- Resolution and root cause analysis of any reporting failures or other issues, working with IT to remediate
- Own the Quality Assurance Process – ensuring external vendors are engaged and manage exceptions to closure
- End to end reconciliation of Transaction reporting for completeness
- Own, create and maintain regulatory procedures for SVB UK
- Ownership of risk events and managing of Errors and Omissions process
- Oversight of regulatory change impacting trade and transaction reporting
- Provide SME input into relevant projects where Regulation is to be considered
- UAT testing relating to any aspect of regulation attached to projects / workstreams
- Maintain and create a robust controls framework for any Operations related regulatory responsibilities
- Develop MI to report framework status to COO
- Undertake horizon scanning for future regulation that will impact SVB UK
- Training and development of staff
- EMIR Reconciliation Portfolio reporting for clients
- Ownership of MiFID reports, including preparation, coordinating signoff and publication to SVB website
- Ownership of Regulatory BRDs
- Involvement in the UK Subsidiary programme
Skills and Requirements
- Be able to act as a conduit between Operations and UK compliance
- Exceptional judgement and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prepare and present data in a way that is understandable to all stakeholders
- The ability to work independently and challenge effectively
- The ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across the business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products
- Driven and willing to take on responsibility for delivering initiatives
- Able to work across different teams to drive the right outcomes
- Strong Excel skills
- Represent SVB at relevant industry forums
- Continue to maintain and develop SME knowledge, taking others on the journey
- Distribution of regulatory market updates to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure BAU coverage to cover holiday & absence
The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others. They must share the core values of SVB and be focused on achieving the best outcome for the organization versus individual achievement. They must have a proven track record of delivering results.