Operations Management - Senior Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Apr 19
Operations Management - Senior Consultant
The Advisory Services division within EY is focused on providing high value independent, trusted advice to our clients, with a focus on business transformation programmes that deliver sustained performance improvement. Working in our Operations Management (OM) practice you will work with our clients to bring to bear your deep knowledge in End-to-End Process Management, Manufacturing Excellence, Asset Management Optimisation or Field Force Effectiveness, typically within asset intensive industries (e.g. Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities, Capital & Infrastructure).
You will actively establish, maintain and strengthen relationships both with clients and within EY to identify and support business development opportunities. Under the guidance of more senior staff (Senior Managers, Directors and Partners) you will articulate the value of our services to new and existing clients.
Your key responsibilities
You will assist in seeing projects through to completion and ensure work is of high quality.
You will have the chance to take responsibility for running and improving the efficiency of internal initiatives and to lead or contribute to thought leadership that improves EY's brand in the market.
Your role in being part of a team on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under the guidance of more senior staff.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Technical Skill Requirements:
You should have a deep knowledge and experience of process transformation, asset management or field force effectiveness. You should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Process Improvement: using Lean and Six Sigma tools, as part of an EY toolkit, to drive behavioural change, build capability and deliver improvement throughout our clients' organisations
- Operating Model Design and Implementation : detailed design to line up process, system and organisation to deliver value through a business' core processes
- Process Management : identifying and implementing approaches to help our clients operate their business processes more effectively, transforming their organisation to drive performance through new governance and process roles
- Manufacturing Excellence : Run-to-Target (RTT) approach - developing manufacturing capabilities by combining reliability engineering with lean, TPM, equipment ownership and daily management systems, and managing plant and line level continuous improvement programs
- Asset Management Optimisation : identify and implement improvements to maximise effective utilisation of the asset base
- Field Force Effectiveness : improve and sustain the effectiveness of field agents through business process re-engineering, performance management and workforce management tools
- Professional experience (industry and/or consulting) focused on Process, Asset or Field (as described above).
- Strong experience or insight in one or more of the following industries is beneficial - Automotive, Consumer Products, Defence, Industrial Products, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Power & Utilities, Retail or Telecommunications.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Excellent communication skills, verbal as well as written. An ability to communicate effectively with external as well as internal stakeholders is a must
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
What we are looking for
An effective team member and help in contributing to the development of all team members
Someone who can maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
An understanding of workplace policies and procedures
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.