Operations Engineering - Derivative Process Engineering
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 07 September 2018
Application Closing Date: 04 October 2018
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
Derivative Process Engineering supports and develops the firm's middle-office systems across the entire securities division globally, and has a direct impact on the effective functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis. As a member of our team you will work closely with the securities business and technical colleagues to solve complex technical problems and contribute to commercially-effective technical solutions of evolving business requirements.
The successful candidate will work interactively with technical teammates locally and in New York, London, and Bengaluru, as well as with colleagues in operations and on trading desks. Effective problem-solving through communication and a highly-developed analytical and technical skillset are essential to your success. Our technology stack heavily emphasizes proprietary systems recognized throughout the financial industry and beyond as best-in-class. A willing and enthusiastic attitude toward mastering the necessary technical skills, as well as toward forming a detailed understanding of the trading businesses you will work with, are key requirements of the role. Personal interests which include finance, financial computing, highly-distributed systems, and programming languages are a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support the production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable client and server-side systems in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment
- Implement new systems using Goldman Sachs' proprietary database and development platform
- Develop within a controlled process including design and code reviews
- Form strong client relationships with traders, operations, controllers, and other technology groups in an integrated business and technology environment
- Become an integral part of a global technology team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or a relevant discipline required
- Experience working in the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) required and knowledge of Agile/Scrum required
- Significant programming experience in an C++/C#, Java required
- Familiarity with development of customer behaviour models, data transaction, data mining required
- Experience leading and delivering complex development projects
- Familiarity of languages such as Python, Ruby/Perl required
- Involvement with process improvement/automation initiatives required
- Experience with complex debugging, test-driven development, mathematical modelling required
- Strong data analytics experience and familiarity with big data, data science, machine/deep learning required
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures required
- Experience interacting with end users and eliciting requirements
- Must be willing to learn and work with proprietary technologies
- Experience working in a global team, and coordinating work across globally dispersed teams
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.