Operations Control Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Jan 18 2018-01-08
Operations Control Vice President
The EMEA Operations Division Risk and Control function (ODRG) is accountable for the application of the risk framework across EMEA Operations including events, action management, RCSA, KRI oversight / challenge and ongoing management of SMR structure. Additionally the function is driving a wide-ranging major program of work to move to a leading-edge risk and control environment, which will be the focus of the team's work through 2018.
The high-profile priorities of the team comprise:
- Partnering with line teams to promoting a strong, embedded risk and control culture.
- Performing risk analysis and monitoring, including oversight of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process in Operations, and the development and enhancement of risk metrics.
- Issue management, including monitoring Operations risk events, providing appropriate challenge in the determination of required mitigating actions, monitoring actions through to completion.As a part of our team, you'll gain exposure to senior management and our wider business in the region and globally. It's an agile, professional environment that will support your development even as it demands excellence, encourages curiosity and rewards original thinking.
- Reporting directly to the EMEA Head of ODRG managing a small team of 6 people
- Accountable for the governance and oversight of EMEA Middle Office and Entity & Central Operations functions across all asset classes.
- Maintenance of the reporting and governance framework including establishment of key risk and control forums and independent monitoring of relevant metrics.
- Independent oversight of risk registers, including the follow up of outstanding actions within the Operations functions.
- Maintenance of loss incidents reporting, partnering with the Operations line teams to ensure actions are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Provide independent challenge over activities taken to close remedial actions, include audit points.
- Support the current risk framework, and assist in the development of new risk management tools such as a next-generation technology including; Key Risk Indicator Dashboard and an interactive Business Process Management platform.
- Assist Operations in the read across of issue to ensure lessons learnt are applied across the entire organisation and not just the team were the issue was identified.
- Ensuring emerging risk are identified and escalated to Operations Management
- Liaising with global Risk and Control teams to support the global legal entity governance framework.
- Frequent interaction with other areas of the bank including the Front Office business sponsors, Operational Risk, Product Control, and Compliance.
- Coordination of assessment of impact of new products and process changes on the Operations Division.
Key objectives critical to success:
The key objective for this role is to be able to partner with line teams to proactively support Operations management in maintaining and strengthening the control environment.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Experience Operations Banking professional, ideally with experience manging Operations line teams.
- Strong understanding of Operations Risk consents and good control design
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Analytical skills and the ability to turn data into information
- Excellent communication skills, tenacity and confidence to challenge
- Good knowledge of excel, including pivots, function and formulas
- Detailed knowledge of front to back investment bank products and booking flows and the ability to challenge internal stakeholders
- Ability to build and understand process flows in order to identify and evaluate controls