Operations Control Analyst
- GBP200 - GBP250 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- 03 Apr 18 2018-04-03
Operations control analyst The Team Operations Control provides oversight of HGI's End to End Middle Office solution, delivering Risk Management and Control across all product lines, instruments and markets. The team strives to bridge the gap between HGI's internal organization and the Middle Office TPA by partnering with the TPA, HGI business and wider HGI operations to increase the breadth, depth and capabilities within HGI's Operating Model.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Ensuring that the Team's functional responsibilities around Oversight and Control are executed appropriately
- Take ownership for the team's day-to-day processes, which include OTC/ETD/Securities Trade Management, Collateral Management, Corporate Actions, FX Management, Pooled Fund Dealing, Securities Lending and Class Actions,
- Coordinate across business and TPA to ensure items are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Support Operations projects and wider initiatives.
- Work closely with other areas of the business to ensure we maintain a high level of involvement and understanding in key regulatory developments.
- Working closely with other areas of the business to ensure that product change is managed in a controlled manner.
- Contribute to periodic review of team processes and procedures.
- Submit business cases to streamline and improve processes.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external functions e.g. Middle Office providers, Transfer Agents, brokers and other areas of the business.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
- Knowledge of the asset management business and investment products across major asset classes (fixed income, alternatives, equities, money markets).
- Detailed understanding of the trade lifecycle, from order and execution management, allocation, confirmation and fail management.
- Experience in relationship management and/or client facing activities.
- Problem solving capability for complex client and/or process issues.
- Strong communication skills: Presentation skills, written communication and ability to summarize client meetings and/or other client interactions to various levels in the organization.
- Strong project management skills: Ability to organize and track multiple threads of activity, ability to deliver on tight timelines, hands-on approach to resolving issues and detail orientation.
- Task oriented: Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work, and work well under pressure from multiple clients/constituents to respond to client inquiries quickly.
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills.
- Ability to work independently, to gather information, make decisions and drive results.
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership.
- Highly motivated with enthusiasm to learn the business and the clients we support.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build the trust and confidence in capabilities, ability to work well with others internally to accomplish client objectives.
- Ability to drive discussions with multiple groups across different business units including traders, operations, controllers and technology to create business requirements specifications.
- Must be a team player, hardworking, resourceful and eager to learn.