Operations Client Relationship Manager - AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing a myriad of functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
This position is for the role of Operations Client Relationship Manager (OCRM). The role is part of the Institutional Client Services (ICS) Group within the Client Operations Division which is part of ISG Product Operations. The role will report to the Global Head of Operations Client Relationship Management (Executive Director) based in London. This position is to be located in London.
The OCRM team is responsible for establishing and maintaining Operations relationships with our SRM Focus clients. The OCRM team works across Ops departments and across asset classes to service clients. They partner with line managers within the processing teams to advance industry and firm initiatives, resolve client issues, and serve as a central point of escalation for clients. OCRMs also partner with the front office Senior Relationship Management group and Sales. They conduct client visits to review performance metrics/scorecards, to identify opportunities for improvements, as well as areas of success.
Product and functional teams that we interact with include Fixed Income and Equity Cash; Rates, Credit and Equity OTC Derivatives; OTC Clearing; Listed Derivatives; Prime Brokerage; FX; Commodities; Sec Lending; Loans; Collateral Management; Indications; Portfolio Reconciliations; Reference Data and Client Onboarding.
- Serve as senior point of escalation for Morgan Stanley's top revenue generating clients for operational issues across products and ops functions.
- Develop and enhance client relationships, at multiple levels, by providing exceptional levels of client service.
- Expertly navigate the Morgan Stanley organization, across divisions, to deliver timely and accurate issue resolution to complex, business critical issues which may include communication with senior stakeholders within Ops and the BU.
- Organize and chair face-to-face meetings with key senior managers at our focus clients, including service providers.
- Partner with Daily Processing teams to identify key Ops issues, trends and efficiency opportunities that can be addressed with clients with the goal of enhancing STP.
- Assist clients as they go live with OTC Derivatives Clearing by ensuring their operational and reporting needs are met. Partner with OTC Clearing Sales, Onboarding and processing teams to ensure ongoing support of clients for this new product.
- Participate in join client meetings with SRM, Fixed Income and Equity Sales, PB and OTC Clearing CRM to discuss overall operations performance, business opportunities and means to improving operational efficiency.
- Run projects and initiatives that will further advance the OCRM strategic vision of providing value added services to our focus clients.
- Represent MS on Industry forums (eg: Advisory Groups, Panel Discussions, and Working Groups).
- Coordinate, establish agenda and chair Roundtable discussions and provide product specific training to clients.
- Conduct client surveys across products, publish and communicate consolidated semi-annual client feedback report.
- Support and manage Strategic Client Officer program across products and keep supporting documentation/metrics updated.
- Track client feedback and action plans to address follow ups and concerns raised from client visits or surveys.
- Work with Metrics and IT teams to deliver integrated reporting and enhanced web portal capabilities (eg: Matrix, Client Scorecard).
- Keep abreast of current and upcoming product and functional specific industry initiative related topics. Be able to provide high quality value added insight to key clients.
- Maintain active dialogue with various vendor relationships and industry utilities across product and functional areas.
- Play an active role in talent development focused on incoming and existing staff across operations.
- Regularly provide backup coverage and group oversight for team members during busy periods and/or during client travel.
- Familiarize oneself with location strategy related topics and ability to apply focus on key product and functional areas going through transition
- Previous experience in the financial industry within Operations processing roles
- Technical understanding of transaction lifecycle in one or more asset classes (Equity & FI Cash, Rates, Credit and Equity OTC Derivatives, OTC Clearing, Listed Derivatives, FX, Loans, Sec Lending, Commodities)
- Proven experience with external institutional client communication and interaction
- Strong listening and verbal/written communications
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work across global departments to build credibility and strong relationships
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and setting strategy
- Ability to manage virtual teams and deliver on global initiatives
- Ability to independently navigate the Morgan Stanley organization
- Involvement in Industry initiatives via working groups, advisory groups or panel discussions
- Established relationships with the vendor and industry utility community.
- Familiar with location strategy
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.