Operations Chief of Staff VP/Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business. The team performs a key role supporting senior leadership in developing and executing strategic initiatives, as well as providing reporting / analysis and managing the internal and external stakeholder engagement strategy for the divisional COO. This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure working with senior leadership, and the COO in particular. The team is based in New York and works in very close coordination with the other teams within Operations, the Executive Office Internal Communications team as well as the firm's non revenue-producing divisions (Technology, HCM, Services, Legal & Audit, Finance and Compliance) to execute on the firm's strategic priorities.
HOW YOU WILL FILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Supporting the divisional COO in the development and execution of their internal and external stakeholder engagement strategy
- Developing content, presentations and prep materials for COO and senior leadership for internal and external events
- Writing communications, including emails
- Identifying and developing divisional priorities and strategy for Operations
- Producing due diligence, analysis and business plans to support senior management decision making with respect to the strategic priorities of the firm
- Managing the execution and implementation of those priorities and related initiatives
- Managing and executing strategic projects Associates in this group will be exposed to all aspects of the work profile and will be expected to take responsibility for managing elements of projects, analysis, and due diligence. Asociates should expect to develop expertise in areas critical to a management team, including communications, information transparency and organizational analysis while also gaining in depth knowledge of how an investment bank is structured and managed. Given the nature of the work and the level of interaction with senior employees, an ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented and have a high degree of independence, maturity and confidence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and flawless communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate a complex concept visually
- Ability to articulate complex ideas in clear, concise language and to write with perfect grammar
- Team focused; able to flex style to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, including senior management
- Ability to learn quickly, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Convincing confidence, presence and intellectual maturity
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments to deadlines
- Competency with MS software including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well developed organizational skills
- Strong client service orientation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.