Operations Business Change Analyst, Assistant Vice President
We currently have an exciting AVP role sitting in our newly created Operations Optimisation EMEA Office. The focus for this role will be to optimise the MUFG network through standardisation & digital innovation. The team will review processing & product offering to propose an efficient business model and utilise digital technology such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) The successful candidate will need to come from an Operations Change/BA background within Payments, Trade Finance, Treasury or Markets with a Quantitative analysis skillset.
Overview of the Department/Section:
MUFG Securities is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vison to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
“Optimisation Office” is a newly created team within our Operations Division for EMEA focusing on optimising our network through standardisation and digital innovation. The team will review processing and product offering to propose an efficient business model and to seek opportunity to utilize digital technology such as robotic process automation (RPA).
Main Purpose of the Role:
• To plan and execute the standardisation of operation processes across EMEA
In this role, you will be responsible for operations optimisation across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
• Promoting and executing Standardisation of operations processing initiatives
• Work alongside line manager to design framework and output as well as defining scope in light of achieving overall goal of the initiative ensuring accountability, practicality and traceability
• To gather and study available materials such as Head Office standard procedure, OVS manual, branch manuals and flow charts
• To prepare TO BE model of operations processing and questionnaire as a preparation of AS IS study
• To study and document AS IS model by approaching relevant parties and analyse against TO BE model
• To design plan and execute the implementation of TO BE model within required timeline to contribute to achievement of overall goal of the initiative
• To manage issues and progress of tasks related to their own and provide status update in a timely manner to ensure visibility of the overall progress
• To co-work and communicate with related parties to gather information, to promote the initiative and gain support, and to ensure the alignment to overall initiatives
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies (Essential):
• Business Analysis/Change Projects and Business Process Re-engineering skillset within an Operations role is key – Payments, Import and Export, Treasury, Derivatives & Deposits
• Understanding of Operations processes, procedures & policies
• Documentation / procedural or policy reviews background
• Quantitative analysis/Data Analysis skillset is advantageous
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Good stakeholder management skills
• Experience of studying, analysing and formulating optimal business process and/or Experience in operational risk analysis
• Demonstrable stakeholder management skills
• Demonstrable time management skills
Education / Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree educated
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills