Operations Associate, Equity Solutions
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- River and Mercantile Group
- 23 Jan 18 2018-01-23
River and Mercantile Group PLC (R&M) is a Solutions and Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our Solutions Division provides Advisory and Fiduciary services to a large client base predominantly in the UK, primarily institutional pension schemes, both DC and DB and insurance firms. Our Asset Management activities currently focus on Equities, Derivatives and Multi-Asset Solutions serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
We have a clear focus on delivering outcome-orientated investment. Understanding the needs of our clients and crafting the right investment solutions for them requires talented, ambitious professionals to be part of the drive to take forward our business.
Our 250 people work with institutional pension funds, insurers and retail investors to tailor investments and manage the associated risks. In total, we manage £31bn of assets, including notional, and consult on a further £25bn.
Our employees are drawn from a diverse range of specialisms from across the financial services spectrum, their experience spanning entry-level to seasoned executives. Our multi-national, multi-lingual teams have backgrounds as actuaries, fund managers, derivatives traders, investment bankers, accountants, systems developers and in insurance, legal and regulatory fields.
This makes us a firmly established yet enterprising company with a dynamic team ethos, not afraid to exploit the creative freedom to develop new ideas and push the leading edge of award-winning investment thinking.
River and Mercantile Group is listed in the premium segment of the official list of the FCA and traded on the London Stock Exchange.
River and Mercantile Group serves a large client base predominantly in the UK. Our subsidiary companies, P-Solve Investments Limited and River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This role will be working under the River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP entity.
Overview of the role
The role will be varied and R&M is keen to attract individuals of the highest caliber who have the requisite experience and diverse skill set to be part of a small but fast growing team.
The candidate will have experience in and the responsibility for:
Liaising with R&M traders and third party providers in the booking, matching and settlement of multi-asset and derivative trades including, global equities, FX, futures, swaps, and repos
- Maintaining security, portfolio, and index data; confirming portfolio valuations, trade allocations, margin, and monitoring expiry of derivative contracts
- Monitoring daily NAV valuations, performance, investor flows, monthly reconciliation of segregated accounts and funds
- Maintaining margin reports and responding to calls, reconciling daily cash balances, collateral, and projections; generating and calculating FX trades/hedges
- Processing and instructing corporate actions
- Production of month-end risk and FactSet reports including performance and attribution
- Production of performance, TCA and MI reports
- Respond to compliance requests, responsible for supplying of portfolio, index and performance data and other ad-hoc requests to Fund Managers and Marketing teams
Knowledge and Experience
R&M is seeking an individual with relevant industry experience of around 2 years in investment management, hedge fund operations and/or fund accounting, specifically:
- Investment management, fund accounting, and/or operations for a long only or hedge fund boutique dealing with the end to end operations processes including calculating trades, processing, settlement, reconciliations, valuations, resets, corporate actions, and proxy voting
- Direct exposure to global equities, FX, OTC/Cleared derivatives, and collateral management
- LongView or other OMS/PMS applications, Bloomberg; FactSet; very strong Excel skills
- High attention to detail, ability to think outside the box, deliverables and solutions driven
- Quantitative backgrounds preferred, finance, economics and math; industry related exams are beneficial
Remuneration and benefits package:
In addition to offering a competitive salary, this position attracts the following benefits package:
- Basic salary reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement increasing with tenure, ability to buy extra holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Commitment to personnel development including professional study support to complete appropriate qualifications and in house training.
River and Mercantile Group operate as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of race, colour, age, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job. All appointments are subject to the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references; a personnel vetting check; and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Standard Disclosure Check.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.
Please send your CV and a cover letter by clicking on the button below.