- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 01 Dec 17 2017-12-01
The succesful candidate will be responsible for leading reviews/definition of global operating models in the post trade world (including the identification of efficiencies) along with the definition/maintenance of global policies for Operations areas.
Global policy development for Operations
- Lead the definition of appropriate global policies for Operations areas to support business and regulatory developments.
- Provide support and guidance to the AMG Operations globally with respect to implementation of the Operations policies
Operating model reviews
- Lead reviews/definition of global operating models in the post trade world including the identification of efficiencies.
- Utilise tools like 6-sigma to review operating processes.
- The role operates in a very dynamic and challenging business, economic and regulatory environment.
- The dynamic environment requires the business operating model to adapt on an ongoing basis further requiring the job holder to play a key role in ensuring effective implementation of these changes.
- The job holder has a close working relationship with the Chief Transformation & Administration Officer and the Global Operations Delivery Lead - guidance is sought as required.
Responsibility is given to the role in terms of decision making around the day to day prioritisation of the review initiatives.
Knowledge / Expereince
- Deep and wide subject matter expertise with an in-depth understanding of the asset management business, a strong understanding of Operations processes and products in the asset management business.
- Strong functional knowledge of the Operations area within asset management preferably in a global multi-jurisdiction context.
- Experience in process review and improvement tools like 6 sigma.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Confidence and track record in building sound working relationships with key stakeholders, securing resources or priorities from them through persuasion and influence rather than necessarily authority.
- An individual with a proven track record of leading the design, development and delivery of global initiatives, across geographies, time zones and with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical ability to support decisions with sound reasoning. Ability to interpret changes and assess implications on business through detailed analysis.
- Self starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within a team and who can influence and motivate people around them.
Adaptable and can thrive in a diverse work environment.