Operations Analyst (German speaking)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- iwoca Ltd
- 25 May 19
Operations Analyst (German speaking)
Join one of Europe's leading Fintech startups
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer's needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Data is central to everything we do: it drives our risk engine, enables us to develop cutting-edge UX and provides the insights we need to continuously become a better company. Our Analytics team develops cutting edge algorithms using statistical modelling and machine learning techniques; Python (Pandas, NumPy and SciPy) is our language of choice to deliver data-driven solutions. Working in a relaxed, collaborative and flexible environment, we give everyone the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the business. You will be expected to derive meaningful and actionable insights from our data as well as develop the innovative technologies behind our platform.
Whilst anchored in the Technology & Analytics team, the Operations Analyst role sits at the crossroads between data & risk analytics and business operations. You'll be responsible for facilitating collaboration between both teams, working across a range of diverse projects, some strategic and others more tactical (the balance will be shaped over time). For example, you could be analysing data to provide actionable insights to our operational teams, working on the next iteration of our scorecard and risk engine, and managing the technical aspects of a product integration with a commercial partner.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in practical data processing, data visualization & information retrieval
- Degree qualification in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or Engineering)
- Good working knowledge of Python/Pandas is preferable or R, Matlab
- Someone who is organised and proactive, possessing great communication skills and a keen to interact with various teams within iwoca. You'll have to manage stakeholders (understanding requirements, providing timely updates on progress and explanations for any changes to the roadmap, etc.) and be able to effectively facilitate collaboration amongst various teams (Tech & Analytics, country operations teams, Marketing, etc.)
- Proven ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems or challenges, and develop the best solutions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, able to extract clarity from ambiguity
- A good command of the German language is essential
- Smart, humble and motivated
- Keen to push yourself and develop your own skills, while also contributing towards iwoca's growth and success!
What's life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.