Operations Analyst - Risk & Control
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Operations Analyst - Risk & Control
Corporate title: Officer
Line of Business: Global Technology & Operations
Looking for a place where you can have real ownership over your work? At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, we give you the chance to utilise the best of your skills and passions and turn your job into a career.
We seek a talented individual to help us fulfil an opening in our Technology & Operations COO Risk team. You will help us to handle, sustain and develop a range of risk management processes and governance routines.
Our team has a deeply collaborative approach that focuses on personal development; our workload constantly changes based on business demands, so we have to consistently improve and innovate together in order to achieve our goals. In addition to receiving extensive ongoing mentorship and training, you will have the opportunity to draw upon the knowledge of experienced individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, to improve your skillset and your ability to deliver value in your role.
The work you deliver will be an integral part of our future success. Handling risk well is foundational to our purpose and values - and to delivering responsible growth. It contributes to the strength and sustainability of our company for the future, and it supports the work we do today to serve our clients, community, shareholders and employees.
Your role will be to help support risk management processes and governance routines which include but is not limited to:
- Providing analytical and administrative support to the EMEA T&O COO Risk team.
- Monitoring and analysis of Key Risk Indicators and providing analysis of:
- Audit Reports rated Less than Satisfactory;
- Self-Identified and Audit-Identified issue management;
- Top Risks, Emerging Risks and Get-to-Green plans;
- Operational Loss Events and Near Misses.
- Supporting the governance of T&O PRC Inventory including relevant MI.
- Supporting the development of periodic Regional Technology and Operations Risk & Control Self Assessments and Residual Risk Heatmaps.
- Assisting with the production of materials for senior management and governance forums. E.g. Risk Forum, Audit Committees, Board Updates and Regulatory Requests.
- Assisting with EMEA T&O Conduct Risk Programme.
Skills, competencies and qualifications we seek:
- Somebody who is logical problem solver and is able to assess and synthesize information with clarity and precision.
- Individual with good analytical skills and critical thinking skills.
- Professional with proficient MS Office skills.
- Good communicator (written and verbal) who can develop positive relationships with business partners.
- Highly organised person who is capable to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks with challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrably self-motivated and a results-oriented professional who is keen to deliver results with limited direction and supervision.
- Someone who is eager to achieve operational excellence and has extraordinary attention to detail.
- An adaptable quick learner.
Nice to have:
- Experience of risk management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of technology and/or operations functions.
- Functional experience of global banking and/or global markets.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.