Operations Analyst – Brokerage
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Responsible for operational trade support and client service for the sales and trading teams. Focuses on the day-to-day processing of trades from the point of booking and allocation, through to settlement and reconciliation of accounts. Serves on large and/or complex projects. Supports Team Manager in ensuring operational efficiency, focuses on the day-to-day operation of the department. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Books out / allocates all equity (cash equity and program trading) and fixed income transactions to the relevant client accounts, and manages confirmation process with clients via either CTM or manual email confirmation. Deals with any queries / issues with confirmations in a timely fashion, liaising with sales traders if necessary to resolve.
• Maintenance of Client Static data, including confirmation set up, commission rates in various markets, sub-account setup, booking preferences per market and client SSI's
• Matching and Settlement. Closely monitors both market-side and client side trade matching and settlement, resolving issues with clients and execution brokers, fixing mismatches and ensuring that settlement rates remain as close to 100% as possible in all markets. Commercial awareness of positions likely to incur debit interest is key to management of settlement risk, as well as an awareness of sensitive clients or high-value trades.
• Responsible for Day-to Day Relationship Management with Third-party Vendors, most importantly with our clearing broker BNP Paribas Securities Services.
• Acts as an expert on trade flows between brokerage systems, third-party vendors and our clearer, resolving communication issues between systems, liaising with IT and providing guidance.
• Preferably degree educated with 3-5 years of relevant experience in a securities operations role. Sell-side operations experience preferred.
• Analytical skills to resolve and research queries and issues
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A strong dedication to top-level client service
• Organisational skills are needed to prioritize work assignments, handle large volumes of data and manage projects within a deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of global securities markets
• Proven understanding of the trading and settlement life cycle for equities and fixed income
• Strong MS-Excel skills – intermediate to advanced level
• Experience with front-end order management systems (eg. Fidessa / Bloomberg SSEOMS) beneficial
• Strong process and procedure development skills
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $131 billion in banking assets
• $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
• $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management