FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
My client is one of the largest providers of corporate trust, agency and administration services and have a long-term commitment to corporate trust. As a business they focus on structured finance transactions covering CDO/CLO's, ABS, MBS, CMBS, RMBS, Covered Bonds, Retail Bonds and High Yield Bonds as well having a Loan Agency offering. They currently have an opportunity for someone to join their CDO/CLO deal administration team in London.
OPERATIONS ANALYST - CDO Deal Administration
My client is one of the largest providers of corporate trust, agency and administration services and have a long-term commitment to corporate trust. As a business they focus on structured finance transactions covering CDO/CLO's, ABS, MBS, CMBS, RMBS, Covered Bonds, Retail Bonds and High Yield Bonds as well having a Loan Agency offering. They currently have an opportunity for someone to join their CDO/CLO deal administration team in London. The successful candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of CDO/CLO Deals, where part of the role will include being responsible for Loan and Bond Trade settlements as well as completing daily reconciliations/resolving any cash breaks and producing a Daily Cash Report for their deals. This person will also be the first point of contact for Trade and Cash related queries. My client can be flexible on the direct CDO knowledge and is looking for someone with experience of bond settlements or loan settlements or someone with a cash reconciliations background.
The selected candidate needs to have a positive and sociable personality and be able to build and maintain effective relationships across the Bank, as well as with external parties and stakeholders.
This is a really good opportunity for someone doing more of a vanilla ops role, to transition into structured finance and gain a good understanding of the products, how they work, the business and the clients and over time this will provide them with a good platform to evolve and move into different parts of this business and more of the technical/analytical roles, if this appeals.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of CDO/CLO Deals
- Generate accurate Daily Cash Reports that reconcile asset payments and receivables on an Actual vs Expected model basis
- Investigate and resolve any breaks / discrepancies arising. Ability to resolve transactional and deal related issues
- Process CDO/CLO trades from trade ticket to settlement/payment request stage
- Receive Bond/Securities tickets and Loan Trade Documents from Clients, review for accuracy, complete relevant documentation and liaise with internal Operations Team's to ensure they settle within agreed time scales in the market
- Liaise directly with Clients/Counterparties/Agent Banks and other departments for Bond/Loan related queries
- Settle Loan and Bond transactions on internal system
- Instruct external payments for their portfolio of trades. Review and approval sign off for colleagues' payments
- Complete Ad hoc Tasks
- Experience of Reconciliation and/or Trade Settlements of Bonds or Loans
- Cash Reconciliations experience
- Any experience of CDO's or CLO's would be very beneficial
- Experience in the financial services sector or recent qualification in Finance (Degree/Masters) with a specialisation in this area.
- Ability to operate within a busy Team Environment, build relationships across business lines, strong communications skills
- Ability to manage a heavy and varied workload while demonstrating strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet demanding and tight deadlines
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Charles Levick