Operations - Trade Finance Analyst
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Processing Centre for EMEA (PCE) provides efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single-touch, single entry to multi-touch and complex transaction processing.
The Trade Finance Services department sits within OOE, providing processing / technical service and support to the Commodity and Structured Trade Finance and Transaction Banking Divisions.
The Analyst is responsible for the accurate, error free and timely processing of letters of credit, collections (clean and documentary) and other such trade finance products as required, by application of knowledge of relevant governing rules such as UCP and URC, also adhering to HOP, procedures and controls, thereby delivering high level service to clients.
To be clear the role is, as a starting point, to support the more administrative functions within the team and the capture/register data and instructions received from various sources and channels for the purpose of facilitating the accurate and timely end to end processing.
The candidate will be offered a training plan to bring him/her up to speed with the technical side of the business on an ongoing basis.
- Administrative tasks such as; sanction screening, compliance checks, scanning, filing, emails.
- Working within the Data Capture Team for the accurate registration of all transactions.
- Processing of all life cycle events of letters of credit (import and export - issue, advise amend, acceptance, discount, payment, checking documents)
- Processing of all life cycle events of collections (import/export, clean/documentary, remit, present, acceptance, payment).
- Processing all life cycle events of ‘’financing’’ i.e. promissory note discounts, loans, invoice discounts
- Adhere to governing rules, UCP, URC, HOP, procedures and all relevant controls.
- Develop and improve effective working relationships with all trade stakeholders.
- To support training requirements of team members.
- Ensure processing is effected in a team spirit and avoid silo based attitudes where people should think beyond their immediate work space and consider the wider team’s pressure points thereby delivering maximum efficiency.
- Retain and promote a customer first attitude. Communicate with clients in a professional and helpful way, embracing the Japanese culture within which you work and the corporate values that underpin our behaviours and attitude to the job at hand and the business we support. Develop and improve client relationships making MUFG the preferred bank to deal with and maximise our wallet share of business. Be flexible and cohesive with the rest of the team to make solutions work and deliver high level service to our clients.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to mitigate financial and compliance risks.
- See opportunities to assist in a selfless approach. Be upbeat, approachable and be part of the drive to a motivated team
- Deliver effective solutions and make suggestions for improvements.
- Operate as a product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required
Skills and experience:
- Proficient understanding of letters of credit and collections.
- Good work flow and time keeping management.
- Knowledge of compliance obligations relating to trade finance products handled by banks.
- Knowledge of UCP 600, URC 522, ISP98, URR725, ISBP 745, ICC Incoterms 2010
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, SWIFT
- Education / Qualifications: A level or equivalent
- Industry qualifications: CDCS is preferred
- Work Experience: minimum 3 years
- Team spirit, works well with others with a flexible attitude to supporting the team
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.