Operations - Payments Analyst
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia.. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, MUFG Bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Currently there is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on experienced individual with detailed knowledge of Euro Clearing and Liquidity Management.
The candidate would also be required to cover Bank Holidays on a rotational basis.
The Euro-Clearing desk is open from 5.30am- 6pm. The ability to undertake the early shift (5.30am-1.30pm) would be preferable but not essential. Please note a car is sent to pick staff up for the early shift.
Other shifts include:
Main Purpose of the Role:
- On a functional level the candidate will be responsible for accurate verifying of Euro Clearing payments, Liquidity Management support the Front office business area and ensuring completion of daily obligations in accordance with Head Office Rules, Regulations and Compliance policy.
- Responsible for the accurate verifying of Euro Clearing payments in accordance with cut-off times as documented by relevant Euro settlement systems and internal procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Front Office business areas ensuring appropriate liquidity provision is available to support MUFG business.
- Support management in resolution of routine issues/queries, ensuring escalation where necessary.
- Provide administrative support in the review, creation and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Provide general support to facilitate the implementation of projects as and when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of daily obligations in accordance with Head Office Rules, Regulations and Compliance policy.
Skills and Experience:
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Sound working knowledge of pan-European payment and clearing systems.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of Clearing Systems such as TARGET2 and EBA
- Detailed knowledge of the mechanics associated with Security Settlements.
- Understands the operational risk framework and is acutely aware of the Front Office environment at play and how the team’ function complements it.
- Experience of SWIFT, Intellimatch and Microsoft Office skills would be useful.
- Product understanding of Finance and Outright business.
- Knowledge of CLS would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Performance and Duties:
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
Managing Conflicts of Interest
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.