Operations - Institutional Oversight - Client Management - Executive Director - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 04 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 01 May 2018
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Client Middle Office (CMO) team sits within Client Management and has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio accounting, cash management, client reporting, and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related client inquiries. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives.
GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for over $1.15tn in assets under supervision. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM Operations is part of the Federation division of Goldman Sachs and comprises of ~500 professionals based in 5 centers across the globe. It consists of three broad functional areas, Client Management, Trade Management, and Position and Data Control, all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The group supports portfolio managers, sales and client relationship professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk across portfolios. This involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience and working closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM Operations perspective by coordinating client issues across all operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for GSAM Operations
- Ensure accounting data accuracy and provide accounting policy oversight in order to create controlled environment for investment management process
- Daily cash forecasting in multi-currency portfolios to include overdraft monitoring and fund liquidity reporting
- Trading desk support to include ad-hoc queries as well as ongoing business initiatives
- Liaise with client relationship team and client implementation team to qualify new business, implement account events, and ensure the adequacy of account structures and surveillance
- Pro-actively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact
- Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate
- Provide governance and transparency for client collections by overseeing open receivables process and coordinating with Distribution Teams
- Providing effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture
- Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent in Business Studies, Economics or a related discipline
- Prior Operations experience gained from working within investment banking industry required
- Experience of working within Asset Management space required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement initiatives and change programmes required
- Experience of client on-boarding and reporting, investigations, preparation of material and financial statements required
- Strong experience of client service and service level agreements required
- Data/trade verification, data analysis, documentation, subscription, redemption, transfers and reconciliation experience required
- Familiarity with responding to general queries and derivative products, options, swaps, hedge funds required
- Must have strong client relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with risk/operational risk management required
- Must be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral required
- Ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities
- Must be a strategic thinker and possess strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Must be a team-player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.