Operations - GSAM Ops - Fund Management - Analyst - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), within the Consumer and Investment Management Division (CIMD), delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The Global Fund Management team is part of our GSAM business, responsible for the oversight of GSAM's Pooled Vehicles. The Team interacts very closely with the Funds' external service providers (including Custodian and Fund Administrators), the Funds' Board of Directors (internal and external) as well as with all internal teams connected with setup, operation and oversight of the Funds. The Team is at the hub of the day to day oversight of the funds and the role will be varied and will allow the candidate to interact with a wide range of internal and external teams and be involved in a diverse range of tasks and projects.
Core components of the role include but are not limited to:
- Coverage and oversight of custodian and fund administrators to maximize potential value delivery across the firm
- Creating and driving strategic projects to improve efficiency and scalability while maintaining and managing risk
- Assisting with the evaluation, selection, negotiation and onboarding of new vendors and ongoing compliance with Firm vendor policies
- Evaluate new business/products/markets and collaborate across teams to represent and drive work streams
- Comply with internal risk frameworks and industry regulations to reduce risk and extract maximum value from our global network, connecting with stakeholders to lobby for internal or market change
- Supporting Portfolio Managers, Fund Boards, and Controllers by providing accurate and timely fund account information and overseeing all aspects of support of each pooled vehicle
- Provide superior client service and front to back oversight for GSAM's pooled vehicle complex
- Ability to operate independently and effectively drive multiple initiatives
- Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with relevant industry experience
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently multitask and prioritize work under tight deadlines
- Ability to cultivate effective partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, with activities and targets which may change at short notice
- A high level of accuracy with the ability to maintain this standard while under pressure from deadlines
- Highly motivated individual and self-starter with a proven background of delivery
- Explore solutions that leverage business intelligence, low code automation, industry utilities, and external vendor solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Relevant work experience of 1-3 years
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Fund experience is not required, but would be an advantage
- Knowledge of fund products (i.e., mutual funds and alternative investment funds) and regulatory environments would be beneficial
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity