Operational Risk Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- CLS UK Intermediate Holdings Ltd.
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
The Operational Risk Specialist is a key member of the Risk Management team and is responsible for carrying out the program designed by CLS for the purpose of implementing an effective risk based framework to identify, measure, monitor and mitigate operational and project risk. The jobholder will be pivotal in reviewing and challenging risks and controls associated with both operational and project risk within the business and throughout the lifecycle of the projects in flight
Essential Function / major duties and responsibilities of the job
- Support Head of Operational Risk in establishing and communicating the Organisation’s ORM and Project Risk Assessment Framework
- Facilitates and lead interfacing with CLS business and functions to establish and communicate risk management policies, processes, risk appetite and limits.
- Assist and identify trends in order to recommend improvements and mitigate operational risks at CLS
- Work closely with ePMO and CLS business in Product Evaluation and Project Assessment for successful project delivery to achieve the Strategic goals of CLS
- Work with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities
- Facilitate and participate in risk assessments workshops
- Conduct risk management education and training
- Operate an operational risk framework and manage relationships with internal stakeholders
- Participate in implementing and enhancing the Operational Risk Framework
- Work with business partners to facilitate the risk assessment of projects
- Provide expert support and advice to the business on risk issue management.
- Assist business and project sponsors in the identification of Operational and Project risks are reflected correctly to ensure effective Project Assessment
- Partnering with ePMO in the Project Management process by providing challenge and review of risks, Issues and mitigations of the projects
- Ensure risk issues and corresponding action items are effectively remediated and evidenced
- Lead projects in co-ordination with Operational Risk team to enhance the ORM framework and assist with implementation of best practices.
- Assist Head of ORM with implementation and sustainability of Risk framework.
- Lead the team in London and drive the value proposition of the ORM and ERM program in London with senior key stakeholder engagement in London.
Experience / essential and desired for successful job performance
- Experience in a financial institution covering ORM components (Incidents, RSAs, KRI/KPIs and TDRAs). Prefer Operations or IT Service background and experience.
- Experience in the Operational Risk discipline, establishing framework and on-going process in accordance with best practices and Basel requirements.
- Ability to operate in an independent manner without close supervision is essential as assessments must be sound and must contain a thorough command of the risk regime of the company.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills. Ability to work across business units and departments
- Some experience directly engaging with and interacting with regulators, either from a policy or supervisory perspective.
- Ability to work constructively and flexibly in a small team environment, and to assist at the direction of management in tasks that are not the immediate responsibility of the department.
- Have professional presentation skills, including excellent writing and public speaking capabilities; proficiency in standard PC programs (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Some knowledge of PFMI principles and REG HH standards.
- Experience in Project Management and Project risk assessments
- Knowledge of Product development
Qualifications / certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional Qualification
Knowledge, skills and abilities / competencies required for successful job performance
In order to carry out the duties of the position effectively, the individual will need to possess the following attributes:
- Judgement and decision making
- Communication & Influence
- Teamwork & Professionalism
- Ability to work Independently