Small challenger bank based in London, seeking an Operational Risk Officer.
Operational Risk Officer will have the following responsibilities:
1.Support the enhancement of the bank's control framework by carrying out assurance of
control testing across all functions
2. Test adherence to policies and risk appetite including escalation via appropriate channels
3. Assess the risks associated with 1LoD business line activities and assist in compiling and
maintaining a complete control framework for risk management activities. Support the
business lines and functions to identify risks from the First Line.
4. Provide support with quality reviews, taking a risk-based approach. This could include
thematic reviews, regular testing of key controls, independent validation of Quality
Controls and Assurance activities performed by the businesses or other methodologies as
5. Monitor output from all 1LoD areas to identify potential operational risks and, where
possible, ensure appropriate mitigating actions are in place, including recommendations
for remediation, improvement of controls, staff training or coaching. Proactively identify
process improvement/best practice and share as appropriate.
6. Provide support with remediation of control failures.
7. Support the Operational Risk Manager to develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and risk
appetite metrics with divisions in accordance with bank's Risk Appetite.
8. Support business areas with Risk & Control Self Assessments to ensure all processes are
captured. Create Standard Operating Procedures to support the RCSA output
Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint as a minimum)
§ Knowledge of UK banking (Customer Service, Credit. Financial Crime, Operations) and risk
management & controls principles appropriate to the three lines of defence model
§ Understanding of and compliance with group policies including Conduct Risk
§ Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements.
§ Knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes
Salary, benefits please enquire.