Operational Risk Manager for International Trading Solutions (ITS) & Corporate Center (CC) VP
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our directive. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
UK Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM) manages the independent oversight of the Enterprise Risk and Control Framework (ERCF) for the UK legal entities and acts as the 'second line of defence' in reviewing and challenging the operational risk profile for the businesses operating within these.
NFRM is hiring an Operational Risk Manager (ORM) to join the team to provide risk coverage for the International Trading Solutions (ITS) and Corporate Center (CC) business divisions operating out of the UK. The ORM has the chance to lead as second line of defence. You will be responsible for challenging the operational risk activities carried out by the businesses within the ITS and CC units. The role reports into the UK NFRM lead for ITS, with an additional reporting line into the UK NFRM lead for CC (both based in London), and involves coordinating with teams across NFRM, Risk, Compliance, Corporate Functions, and the Front Office.
- Provide independent holistic risk coverage, risk review and challenge of the implementation of the ERCF, standard methodology, policies and processes for the business unit in line with NFRM deliverables.
- Develop a front-to-back view of operational risk with an understanding of end-to-end processes.
- Support and challenge where required the business division with content and advice throughout the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process. Assist in documentation of challenge log, risk acceptance, Reverse Stress Testing (RST), sign-off and approval of RCSAs.
- Perform operational risk thematic reviews / deep dives and capability assessments to identify control gaps and remediation.
- Active engagement in standing business partnership and control meetings focusing on identification of emerging and existing risks, raising critical issue, mitigation and remediation to ensure an environment of continuously improving operational risk management.
- Independent review of New Business and PTA approvals, assess operational risks and control vulnerabilities arising from proposals and coordinate with business partners in providing risk rating.
- Provide guidance to the business to identify and propose relevant metrics, prompt them to review metrics when Top Operational Risks are reviewed and/or updated, and at other relevant periodic points.
- Coordinate with other NFRM teams to ensure consistent deployment and implementation of the evolving operational risk framework and input into global initiatives.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards. You Offer
- Dedicated performer with outstanding written and verbal communication skill to convey complex topics to a broad range of audiences.
- Proficient with the principles and approaches for operational risk management.
- Significant experience in a similar / equivalent role or from a business, middle office or control function (e.g. COO, Product Control, Middle Office).
- Prior experience of acting in a 'trusted advisor' capacity to deliver challenge and sound opinion, including provision of impactful solutions.
- Previous experience of managing partners across multiple business divisions and building positive relationships with senior business partners.
- Detailed knowledge of investment banking products, processes and systems; with extensive professional experience in the financial industry and across asset classes.
- Proficiency in identifying risk and mitigating through the analysis of data and discussion based investigation.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and be able to rapidly comprehend complex issues and monitor the development of trends.
- Results-oriented, hardworking individual with high level of integrity, attention to detail and quality standards.
- Outstanding project management skills to overcome complexity and time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- University degree level education or equivalent work experience.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.