In contrast to many of its competitors, this Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefitting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
This is a newly created 2nd line of defence position joining a mid-sized Operational Risk team to support with Operational Risk Policies across their business support functions. The team pride themselves on having a collaborative & down to earth culture and there is good opportunity for career progression and personal development.
- Oversee and challenge the transformation of the Operational Risk policies and procedures by working with stakeholders across the region
- Run a risk assessment of the business’s Enterprise and Operations Functions and identify emerging risks
- Understand, review and challenge the Enterprise Functions and Operations front line risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Identify and escalate any conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes to business oversight leadership
- Influence appropriate risk management prioritization by the front line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach by working in consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise
- Consult with wider senior management and regional stakeholders to drive a culture of Risk management
- Advise and challenge first line of defence relating to Operational Risk Controls
- Previous policy and framework implementation experience within 2nd line of defence Operational Risk is essential
- Strong ability to build relationships with key senior stakeholders and influence where required
- Proven ability to scope, manage and execute complex risk management initiatives with high quality and timely delivery
- Articulate with a demonstrated capability to organize, scope and execute complex initiatives across a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
- Relevant experience across Corporate Functions within a Financial Services
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to email@example.com
twentyAI's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.