• Support in the development and implementation of operational risk policies and the risk framework across AM Best Rating Services and its subsidiaries.
• Collate risk metrics, key risk indicators, dashboards and quarterly reporting for executive management and the Board.
• Support with the rollout of education and training to improve risk awareness, incident reporting and drive cultural change among staff and senior management.
• Work proactively with colleagues across offices and time zones to deliver risk initiatives and risk reporting.
• Support the development of processes and tools that facilitate risk based business management and alignment with AM Best (businesses) and Group strategy.
• Assist with proactive identification and management of internal/external risks to AM Best’s objectives.
• Foster a positive culture of partnership with internal/external stakeholders.
• Identify and highlight emerging risks to assist with proactive management of risk, ensure appropriate escalation to governance committees, and alignment with forward looking appetite.
• Perform thematic risk reviews to enhance business processes and control framework and support with risk deep-dives as required.
You will report to the Senior Director, Operational Risk
Skills & Experience
• Experience in operations management, operational risk, compliance, corporate governance, regulation, internal audit or finance.
• Experience of working with a diverse group of stakeholders and employees at all levels of an organisation.
• Flexible and capable of operating in a diverse organisation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and confidently express observations and recommendations.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and communicate strategic messages taken from detailed information.
• Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
About AM Best
Founded in 1899, AM Best’s mission is to report on the financial stability of insurers and the insurance industry. It is the oldest and most widely recognised provider of ratings, financial data and news with an exclusive insurance industry focus.
The AM Best Group issues ratings on approximately 3,400 companies in more than 90 countries worldwide. In addition, AM Best produces dozens of products and information services containing Best's Credit Ratings and related analysis. The Group covers over 16,000 insurance companies globally through a wide range of analytical resources, references, directories and periodicals that provide insurance professionals and consumers with the critical information they need to make informed business decisions.
AM Best has offices in the Oldwick, Mexico City, London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong and Singapore