We are currently recruiting on behalf of a well-known investment manager for an opportunity in their 2nd line operational risk team. This would be fantastic opportunity for someone with 1-3 years operational risk experience, who’s ready for the next step in their development and wants to take on more responsibility.
In this role you will be contributing to the development and embedding of a robust risk management framework across EMEA. The day to day will include, but not be limited to;
- Presenting, developing, and maintaining the business’s global Risk Management Framework
- Coordinating and managing the effective recording, analysis and reporting of risk incidents.
- Assisting with oversight of risks and issues, including independent review, assurance and timely reporting to key stakeholders (e.g. boards, committees, regulators), in relation to the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Assisting in developing and monitoring key risk indicators and scorecards for various risks and obligations to measure business performance against risk appetite.
- Representing Risk Management team on projects and change initiatives, new product developments and client transitions, as required.
- Assisting business stakeholders with design and implementation of operational best practice and process and control improvements
- Assisting in delivering routine, themed and induction Risk Management training to staff, as required
- Acting as first point of contact for general Risk Management queries and triage
In return you will be provided with fantastic growth opportunities within risk with a management team who will take an active interest in your development. You’ll also be joining a high performing team and be given autonomy and trust from day one.
In order to be successful in your application, you will need to be able to demonstrate;
- Proven operational risk experience, ideally from within investment management
- Flexibility of approach and ability to think on your feet
- Proven stakeholder management skills and a track record of building relationships.