If you are interested to become a Trader, we invite you to apply to the Onyx Elite Trader Development Program where you will be gaining extensive knowledge about the oil derivatives market. This will be secured through a diverse set of resources including digital learning and weekly lectures from experienced traders. Our Junior employees benefit from having access to Onyx’s internal tailor-made training material and all-level traders to focus on becoming their own trader. We are particularly proud of the extreme level of transparency with regards to career progression that we offer at Onyx.
Our most successful employees have following characteristics:
- A relentless sense of pursuing accelerated progression
- Strong interest in trading and financial markets
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thrive in fast-paced and competitive environments
As a prospective candidate you need to be able to back up all of the above key attributes with relevant experience in your academic track record, previous work experience as well as any extracurricular hobbies and personal interests.
We’re mainly looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree
- Preferred fields of study: mathematics, science, engineering, computer science, economics, quantitative finance or related field
- Experience programming in Python, R, C++ or similar languages is a plus
- Carry out trading support tasks including trade entry, reconciliation on a daily basis
- Liaise with back office to work on desk or firmwide projects
- Help with future and OTC executions
- Work with the traders on research, development, and implementation of new trading strategies
- Collaboratively work with the Onyx Advisory business on producing trader notes and trading reports
- Investigate potential profitable strategies to new products.