Onshore Oversight Team Leader - Equity/Fixed Income/Cash Settlements, officer
Who we are looking for:
The onshore oversight team leader will be expected to act as a first line manager for the day to day running of the onshore Trade Settlement related activity pertaining to a premier EMEA administered global client and with responsibility for the provision of a superior service standard to the client.
The EMEA Trade Management Support Team is responsible for servicing all aspects of trade settlement across multiple products traded on behalf of EMEA administered client accounts including daily oversight for the support components serviced out of India. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As the Onshore Oversight Team Leader, you will:
- Ensure that all trades are pre-matched for settlement within predetermined timeframes and that all relevant market and custody deadlines are adhered to in the processing and instructing of trades for settlement. This will be accomplished by working closely with brokers, custodians, fund accountants, various internal stakeholders and other third parties
- Ensure accurate and timely processing at all times via effective liaison with clients, brokers, custodians and internal Settlements team
- Identify key priorities and risk within the daily workflow, including an understanding of high risk markets and products as a critical attribute to ensure first pass accuracy of Team output
- Work collaboratively to build trusted working relationships with peer group colleagues across cross functional global teams including Database Management, Corporate Actions, Reconciliation and IT, as well as global Client Service teams. Critical to build effective direct working relationships with client Middle and Front Office teams
- Work effectively with the India based fail trade capture and reporting team to ensure a cohesive single team approach to the settlement life cycle
The first line manager will also be responsible for participation in all governance related activity in accordance with standard operating procedure and to both ensure and then review the provision of timely and accurate KPI, KRI and general MIS from the offshore team measured against established SLA criteria. Responsibilities will also include the support of effective broker performance management, including input into regular review meetings and statistical reporting to both internal senior management and externally to the client.
- Close monitoring of trades for pre-match settlement, adherence to market and custodian deadlines, first pass accuracy, fail management reporting and resolution, quality control for the production of accurate MIS and effective broker performance.
- Prioritise work effectively based on high risk, large value, sensitive account, custodian, interested party and product deadlines.
- Manage critical internal relationships with dependent units, clients, cross functional operational colleagues and global counterparts.
- Support the maintenance of critical external relationships with brokers, custodians and vendors
- Support process improvement opportunities where required and participate in strategic projects where necessary.
- Advise management of potential risk items (delays in the confirmation and instruction of high risk market or large value trades) and any exposures which may involve a claim against State Street
- Maintain up-to-date files relating to settlement practices in each market in which the clients invest.
- Apply the appropriate level of attention in dealing with escalated items of referral
- Establish relationships with brokers; assist in tracking broker delivery performance and service standards; regularly present broker benchmarking statistics.
What we value:
- Work with the regional Product Services teams to help resolve break items for cash and stock reconciliation.
- Participate in project work at the direction of the team manager
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
About State Street What we do.
- Candidates for this position will ideally have gained at least five years of direct experience processing domestic and international Equity, Fixed Income and FX trades, including cash deposits, in a supervisory capacity within a similar Investment Advisory organisation, Broker-Dealer or Global Custodian.
- Additional knowledge of mortgage and asset backed securities processing would be an advantage, as would any additional knowledge of processing trades for Money Market Funds.
- The individual must be highly detail-oriented and motivated, and able to display a high standard of accuracy and professionalism at all times.
- First class communication skills are essential to maintaining both internal and external client relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of ETC/STP/PSET Matching/SWIFT fail reporting is extremely beneficial, as is experience using Alert and local middleware matching products.
- Excel, Word and Power Point skills preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers