Newton, Senior Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon Investment Management
- 24 Apr 19
Newton, Senior Engineer
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the solution design and delivery of Newton's key front office investment platform.
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
Develop and motivate a small dynamic agile delivery team
Research emerging technologies, processes and best practices
Job Specific Competencies
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
- Manage relationships with developers and digital teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
- Experience of coaching and empowering individuals
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others.
Results (the ability to be proactive and take action)
- Get hands-on, providing technical direction and/or problem solving to support the team
- Support scrum master to facilitate smooth sprint working, and identify improvements to scrum practice
- Ensure all third-party development conforms to organisation best-practice and quality standards
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experience in JEE, Web Application Frameworks, databases (relational and other), Cloud, messaging, integration & APIs
- Knowledge of modern web and software development methodologies and toolsets
- A hands on technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment
- Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Requisition Number: 1816393