Newton, Senior Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon Investment Management
- 16 Oct 18
Newton, Senior Business Analyst
The Commercial Business Analyst role is an exciting opportunity to work with the Commercial team to help deliver Newton's public and client web platforms, client reporting and supporting services.
In this business facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need work well in a team, but also be self-sufficient. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
This a great role for an experienced business analyst looking to take the next step in their career.
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Actively participate in the delivery life-cycle including Agile ceremonies and develop documentation such as system user guides and business process & procedures.
Job Specific Competencies
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across with a wide variety of teams, both technical and business
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to enable you to manage expectations. You will need to be to have the capability to manage both positive and negative feedback
- Discover, understand and define stakeholder and product owner needs via workshops, meetings and interview. Playback the requirements using a variety of approaches including user stories and business process flows.
- Appreciation of the sales and account management life-cycle with in Investment Management
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
- Hungry to improve themselves and their working environment
- Willing to engage with senior management and challenge the status-quo and offer alternatives
- Self-directed, adaptable, flexible and professional.
- Be hands-on, enthusiastic to dive in at the deep end and help the commercial team deliver the stakeholders dreams.
- Be the primary contact for the development team throughout the life cycle of a project, attending stand-ups, and creating high quality user stories.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51066
Requisition Number: 1809061
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I