Newton, Salesforce Technical Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon Investment Management
- 20 Apr 19
Newton, Salesforce Technical Lead
The Senior / Lead Salesforce developer is exciting opportunity to contribute to, and drive the delivery of Newton's Salesforce CRM platform.
As the most experienced member or a small Salesforce development team, the senior / lead developer would become the subject matter expert in both Salesforce.com and Pardot, and lead all development initiatives in this area.
The Senior / Lead developer will coach and mentor more junior developers.
The successful candidate will be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need to work well in a team and be able to interact effectively with both technology and business users within the marketing and commercial team. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £46.7 bn assets under management (as at 31 December 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
What's on Offer?
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organization a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
• Design and deliver technical solutions around Newton's CRM platform with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
• Collaborate on requirements gathering for ongoing BAU enhancements to the platform
• Bug fixing and issue investigation
• Work closely with the testing team to ensure the quality of deliverables
• Build strong relationships with business stakeholders
• Over time transition into the technical owner of Salesforce and Newton's CRM platform
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Extensive experience with Salesforce.com (expert & essential)
• Salesforce Lightning framework (expert & essential)
• Apex and VisualForce (expert & essential)
• Pardot (intermediate & desirable)
• Subversion or Git, Teamcity or similar build tool (proficient & desirable)
• Experience in relational databases, and integration via APIs (beneficial & optional)
• Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
• Any .Net experience would be beneficial (in supporting an existing custom integration) but not essential
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Salesforce certified developer (preferred)
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
• Build relationships with developers and teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
• Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
• Quality focused with an eye for detail
• Passion for innovation and creative problem solving
How to Apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, and you're looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
Share your Experiences:
We would love to hear about your experiences with our recruitment process. Your opinion will really help us strive towards continuous improvement. Please visit our Glassdoor page to leave your feedback.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Requisition Number: 1904644