Newton Java Technical Lead
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 December 2019), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM. What's on Offer?
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity. Job Purpose
The role represents an exciting opportunity to join Newton's Engineering Group to lead and drive the solution design and delivery of Newton's public and client web platforms.
We are looking for a highly talented engineer to be part of a scrum team to provide technical direction and/or problem solving to support the delivery of this key business and client focussed area.
In this client facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment where you should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
•Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation, continuous integration and ongoing ownership.
•Work in collaboration with peers and contribute to new tech discussions.
•Build strong relationships with business and corporate stakeholders, collaborate on requirements, relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy.
•Work collectively with peers and provide coaching and technical direction.
•Calmly deal with issues; being happy to get stuck in to help fix issues and assist in identifying causes and effectively dealing with them Qualifications Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Excellent experience and skills in Java (8+) / Spring / Spring Boot.
• Great working experience with Angular and/or React web frameworks
• Must be comfortable with semantic HTML and CSS/CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS, etc.)
• Solid understanding of object-orientated programming techniques and use of design patterns.
• Experience of build tools and CI/CD - e.g. Maven, Jenkins.
• Experience writing REST web services.
• Familiarity with both relational and NoSQL databases (we use Oracle, SQLServer and Mongo).
• Exposure to messaging - JMS or Kafka.
•Appreciation and understanding of cyber security.
• Knowledge of developing in a microservices environment with auto-scaling, loosely coupled, secure & resilience services. Ideally you'll be
• An advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation.
• A technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment.
• A fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams.
• An enthusiastic innovator and creative problem solver, with a passion for technology.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred. How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, and you're looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
Share your Experiences
We would love to hear about your experiences with our recruitment process. Your opinion will really help us strive towards continuous improvement. Please visit our Glassdoor page to leave your feedback.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
#LI-CT1 BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: