Newton, Investment Risk Data Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Newton, Investment Risk Data Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients' futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense - through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton's parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £55bn (as at 30 September 2017) under management, including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Capital Management Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
To provide technical support to the Investment Risk Team in its analysis and oversight of the portfolios managed by Newton
- To provide overall assistance for the benefit of the Investment Risk Team and its work, primarily responsible for IT support, development, and administration
- Take ownership of the administration and validation of investment risk reporting and analytical tools and systems, including Style Research, Algorithmics, Factset, Business Objects, and Tableau
- To act as a point of contact for the Investment Risk Team with Newton's Information Technology department and manager the life cycle of IT development and administration tasks requested or required by the team.
- To provide assistance to the Investment Risk Team in their analysis of portfolios, including the provision of accurate and timely data and analysis in response to analyst queries
- Guide and advise the Investment Risk Team towards IT and BI enhancements to develop the analytical capabilities of the Investment Risk function at Newton
- Develop and maintain adequate knowledge of the risk systems and analytical techniques and systems used for data retrieval and reporting
- Develop and maintain adequate knowledge of Newton's investment process, fund range and product offering
- Attention to detail and an ability to communicate at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrable background in working closely with business stakeholders to deliver IT and BI solutions
- An understanding of data management concepts, as well as a keen interest in architectural relationships between systems and data transformation and flow between them
- The ability to assimilate business requirements, express them as user stories and acceptance criteria and realise them in technical design form.
- Demonstrable background in data management practices such as data governance, data quality measurement, reference data management, and metadata management
- A high degree of numeracy and analytical skills as well as the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner
- Experience of data handling, manipulation, and presentation
- Experience of Tableau development and SAP Business Objects enterprise report design
- Appreciation of the concepts behind investment risk management and experience in the asset management industry..
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51579
Requisition Number: 1716637
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I