Newton - Product Manager
Newton Investment Management is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management's specialists, and are a London-based global investment house with expertise in a range of disciplines, including global, regional and emerging-market equities, multi-asset strategies, absolute return investing and global bonds. A global, thematic approach to investment helps them achieve long-term perspective on global financial markets and economies, and identify areas of long-term risk and opportunity. Their belief is that responsible investment is better investment for clients and they consider ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues in relation to every company in which they invest. Newton is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers. Our Values:
- Trusted: We work in an open and honest way and with transparency. We do what we say we will do and work towards a common goal. We act with honesty and integrity and always do what is right. We make good informed decisions and act in the best interest of Newton and its clients. Our clients trust us to do the right thing.
- Collaborative: We work together to create solutions for the benefit of the business and our clients. We recognise diversity and innovation as valuable tools in achieving our goals. We search out new opportunities and ideas by involving the right people in discussions and decision making. We welcome different perspectives in our pursuit of the best possible solution. We work in partnership with our clients.
- Open-minded: We consider new ideas and strategies and identify new and different ways of being successful. We are flexible and open to change even when that change challenges our current viewpoint. We welcome different perspectives and diversity of thought to keep our approaches' innovative and current. We are curious about the opinions of others and recognise their contributions.
- Accountable: We take ownership of our role in driving the business forward and meeting our business objectives. We own the explicit decision making process and acknowledge our successes and areas of development as a basis for improvements without blame. We have clear defined roles and work together to ensure hand offs and jointly owned functions are delivered effectively. We are empowered to work autonomously and take pride in our personal contributions.
- Purposeful; We share a clear set of goals and strategies and work towards them collectively to fulfil our business objectives. We have a clear set of standards and approaches that provide context and guidance to our purpose. We are deliberate in how we work with our clients and stakeholders differentiating us from our competitors. We operate with clear intent delivering solutions as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Dynamic: We adapt to the changing market conditions and explore new and innovative solutions to support our clients changing needs. We encourage idea generation and progress new ideas and opportunities quickly. We are agile and flexible demonstrating a willingness to change to remain competitive. We are energised, enthusiastic and challenge how and what we do to remain relevant.
- Entrepreunerial: We have the conviction to generate new ideas and recognise the need for experimentation and diversity of thought. We are agile and faced paced using effective decision making to agree and drive forward or dismiss and continue to search for a solution. We work with our colleagues, stakeholders and clients to create innovative future proof solutions and deliver them in a timely manner. We think like owners and recognise the personal contribution we make in supporting Newton's continuing success.
The Newton Product Development & Management team are responsible for (i) driving new product development initiatives and (ii) providing ongoing day to day support for existing strategies that Newton manage globally (when acting as a sub-adviser for BNY Mellon sponsored mutual funds across the world) with the ultimate aim of supporting Newton's long-term commercial success.
Activities of the team relate to all parts of the global product and distribution (non-client facing elements) lifecycle from high level product strategy, launch, enhancement, closure as well as ongoing product management, distribution or regulatory related initiatives.
The Product Specialist role creates an important link between Newton internal teams (such as portfolio management, risk & compliance operations and commercial teams) and between Newton and BNYM Investment Management stakeholder teams (product, distribution, risk & compliance, operations). Key Responsibilities
- End to end management of new mutual fund product developments from a Newton perspective across the global fund ranges that Newton is a sub-adviser for (incl. UK/ European UCITS & US 1940 Act).
- This may include assisting with the early product design/ specification, development of business case, preparations for Newton and BNYM IM product approval processes, representing Newton as a key stakeholder in project delivery process within agreed parameters and timelines.
- Be day to day escalation point for internal Newton and or BNYIM stakeholders on any fund related issues - including but not limited to areas such as investment guideline queries / issues, investment eligibility reviews, flow activity.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate teams within BNYM IM on product/ distribution or regulatory-related initiatives which may impact regional or global mutual fund ranges - such as prospectus reviews/ updates, registration initiatives, fund data, regulatory change/ implementation as well as day to day BNY IM relationship management (non-external client facing) (including periodic reporting and due diligence & ad-hoc queries across the global fund ranges that Newton is a sub-adviser for).
- End to end management of product changes, enhancements, closures from a Newton perspective across the global fund ranges that Newton is a sub-adviser for.
- This may include initiatives ranging from minor feature changes (benchmark change, fees changes) to more complex restructuring activities (such as mergers) and closure related activities, representing Newton as a key stakeholder in project delivery process within agreed parameters and timelines.
Qualifications Experience and qualifications required:
- Support wider team activities as required which may include co-ordination or involvement in standing product and/or commercial oversight groups/ committees, contribution to wider strategic or commercial projects, team development objectives.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5+ years of industry experience preferred
- Experience in asset management product strategy / development and / or management or a related role important - including understanding of regulatory regimes/ change.
- Any ESG-related product and/or regulatory experience would also be additive.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- IMC qualification or willingness to obtain the qualification
Job Specific Competencies
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to develop good working relationships with management and peer group colleagues.
- A proactive approach to resolving issues
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
Newton-HR06148 Requisition Number: