New Markets & Middle Office Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Mayford James
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
Our Client, an Investment Management company is looking for a New Markets and Middle Office Specialist to support the new market and account opening process. This person needs to have a deep knowledge of operating procedures. This is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract.
- Providing input and support to projects, both internally and with third party vendors, in the capacity of operations subject matter experts.
- Account opening.
- Monitoring and renewing trade licenses and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Attending scheduled custodian calls as required to oversee market opening status updates and planning, escalating performance or risk associated issues as identified.
- Ensuring associated static data is maintained and accurate in relation to the account and market data-base, in addition to identifying and supporting required development work.
- Resolving trade exceptions.
- Resolving and answering simple and complex queries from both internal and external stakeholders such as brokers, custodians, dealers, Portfolio Managers, Compliance and other teams.
- Review and sign off of automated reports.
- Providing accurate and timely set-up and maintenance of security data across core systems.
- Collecting data on all regional securities that require special handling on a daily basis, construct formal communications detailing the valuation approach and updates information in systems as needed.
- Independently assess downstream impacts of data issues and errors.
- Creating and updating policies and procedures on a regular basis; ensure they accurately reflect compliance regulations and system enhancements.
- Document workflow and systems changes
- Excellent Client ‘On-Boarding’ experience
- Client Service focused
- Project management and process improvement experience
- Strong analytical, research, audit and quantitative skills
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel and role relevant technology
- Asset Management background
- Stakeholder management experience