New Law LDT Manager London
New Law Services Department PwC is the world's premier professional services firm with 3,500 professionals in over 90 countries around the world. In the UK, our legal practice is fully integrated into the PwC partnership and our vision is to harness the expertise of the firm to provide end-to-end, technology-enabled services to meet our clients' needs.
Our New Law services department is one of the most highly regarded and fastest growing practice areas within the network. We have a multi-disciplinary team across regions including London, Birmingham, Leeds and Belfast which is dedicated to providing an exceptional high standard of service to our clients. We are supporting them in managing their legal operations, by assisting clients in transforming their law departments to become more efficient, providing process and technology optimised managed legal services, contract review and remediation services.
Our clients include numerous household names, MNCs and listed groups as well as privately owned companies across a range of sectors. The work we undertake is often high profile and cross-border in nature and can involve other legal teams in the PwC international network. Our teams often work with Consulting, Deals, Tax and other professionals from within PwC to deliver a comprehensive and integrated service to our clients.
About the role Manager - Law department Consulting - London
An opportunity has arisen to join our law department transformation team based in London.
This team focuses on helping large in-house legal teams to improve their performance by making changes to their strategy, organisation and operating models, and business processes. In doing so, it helps clients identify the capabilities that will support future growth, free up funds to invest in that growth, and develop the new law business. You will develop strong relationships with the business and its external suppliers to make changes sustainable.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following:
- Strategy and vision creation and implementation
- A keen interest in learning key legal technologies on the market to implement tech-enabled legal support solutions
- SG&A functional transformation and operational excellence
- Target operating model and organisation design assessment and redesign
- Business analysis - analysing activities and baseline costs data to spot trends and patterns
- An ability to translate the needs of the business into legal requirements
- External provider strategy and planning, covering law firms as well as legal process outsourcing.
- Financial modelling - business case development
- Creating client facing presentations and data visualisation
- Structuring and conducting stakeholder interviews
- Creating and developing simple and efficient processes and workflows
- Understanding of professional services and outsourcing procurement strategy and planning
- Translating the needs of the business into functional requirements
- Project management
- Managing stakeholders and sensitive organisation wide communications, and change management
- Coaching and managing junior team members with a multi-disciplinary skill set
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills and a positive "can do" attitude - ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration
- Strong financial acumen
- Advanced excel and powerpoint skills
- A keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the practice of New Law Services.
- Able to demonstrate resilience, self-motivation and a positive can do attitude
- Primarily a team player but able to work under own initiative