Network System Reliability Engineer - Security
The Network SRE team in Bloomberg is responsible for the observability, reliability and performance of the network infrastructure that provides connectivity for internal and external business applications. What's the role?
As a Network Security SRE, you will be part of a team that supports our network infrastructure. You'll work closely with Security Architects, Software Developers & Network Engineers for the planning, implementation and reliability of our network security infrastructure, including firewalls & load Balancers. Key aspects of this role also include using the latest automation & orchestration technologies to provide standardised processes, network transparency and troubleshooting tools to our operations teams. You will work with our partners to ensure that we are aligned with compliance guidelines, business strategy and standards. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Support network functionality including Load Balancers, Proxies, Firewalls, monitoring, and mitigation devices
- Use DevOps principles to script and automate workflows
- Draft network diagrams, perform network planning, and implement changes
- Work with an Agile attitude, to be data-driven and be ready to adjust the course
- Continuously refine processes and procedures with a focus on standardizing the work and shifting it to lower level support teams
- Resolve critical security, Internet and network issues
- Take ownership and work independently on problems and handle critical issues from Operations
We'd love to see:
- Proven experience building and solving Load Balancers platforms for application delivery and a deep understanding of network design (F5 or Radware, preferred)
- Experience building and maintaining network security devices and similar network functionality through automation software (Ansible)
- Strong desire to code and good understanding of software development standard methodologies, open source systems and familiarity with Git repositories
- Experience with NMS protocols, data structures and modeling (YAML, JSON, XML, Netconf/Yang, API, Jinga, SNMP, Syslog)
- Detailed troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills including packet capture analysis
- Flexibility and willingness to work off hours when the situation requires
- An ability to remain calm under pressure, to multitask, to be customer focused, and to communicate optimally
If this sounds like you:
- Experience using Agile (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- Experience developing operational tools using Python, Java or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana and packet trace analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- Sophisticated knowledge of security platforms such as Checkpoint or Palo Alto firewalls, Symantec/Bluecoat proxies, CAS, SSLVA
- Validated computer science experience
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.