Network Scaling Technician
DESCRIPTION At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Global Brick Delivery organization is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join our growing Planning, Implementation and Coordination team within AWS Data Center Delivery. The team responsibilities involve scoping and planning interdependent capacity scaling projects across several data center locations. They will review project forecasts and assure physical infrastructure resources are available for their execution.
The 'Planning' Network Technician will work closely with network engineering deployment and technical program managers to scope out project requirements and deliver defined and executable projects to the local data center installation & deployment technicians to facilitate smooth project execution.
The ideal candidate will possess a technology background that enables them to understand the complexities of the sophisticated network architecture of Amazon data centers. To be a qualified candidate you must be highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience in managing network deployment projects. They will be competent in networking principles, data center operations, cable infrastructure and fiber solutions.
This position will provide the individual with high levels of autonomous work with minimal supervision to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success.
• Ensure adherence to timelines.
• Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
• Work closely with our Install/Deployment Technicians & Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
• Coordination of design, project timeline/ schedule and construction works.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree and Minimum of 3 years project management.
• Knowledge of network cabling and optic types.
• Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
• Familiarity with common networking terms.
• Total comprehension of modern systems and network platform and what is necessary for network and physical layer inter-connectivity.
• Sound knowledge of computer skills, Auto CAD, MS Words, Excel, Project Visio and Power point.
• Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for success at Amazon:
• Fluency in English
• Strong customer focus
• Exhibit excellent judgment
• Relentlessly high standards - never satisfied with the status quo
• Able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Strive for innovation and simplification
• Have passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong negotiation communication, project management and reporting skills.
• Strong results orientation
• Think big
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of project management experience.
• Comfortability with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment.
• Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs.
• Significant background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
• Data Center and/or systems engineering background with demonstrated excellence.
• Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Experience in management of complex technology infrastructure project
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.