.NET Developer / Support Analyst - Assistant Vice President / Vice President
The successful candidate will work in a small team responsible for developing and supporting a variety of applications across a number of business areas in MUSI. The team is primarily responsible for the development and support of rich web- based applications deployed both on premise and in the cloud on Microsoft Azure.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department / Section:
The Corporate Technology Department provides a full IT service to all areas of the MUSI business.
The Architecture & Development team is a small team responsible for developing and supporting a variety of business applications across a number of business areas in MUSI. The team works very closely with the business and with other teams in Technology.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will work in a small team responsible for developing and supporting a variety of applications across a number of business areas in MUSI. The team is primarily responsible for the development and support of rich web- based applications deployed both on premise and in the cloud on Microsoft Azure. The role requires working very closely with the business and with other technology teams across the international securities platform. The team also supports a number of third-party applications.
Excellent experience of .Net and SQL Server are prerequisites, as is experience of working closely with business users and working across the full development lifecycle. Strong emphasis will be placed on leveraging and adding to a reusable .Net component framework, which will form the basis of future developments across the business.
- To analyse user requirements and produce detailed functional and technical designs.
- To work closely with users to develop systems based on agreed designs to satisfy both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work within the development framework, making use of existing components and practices where available.
- Work closely with infrastructure teams to establish a physical environment (dev, test, prod) that meets non-functional requirements.
- Ensure the quality of solutions with appropriate unit and system testing.
- To adhere to agreed standards of development and release/deployment.
- Support users as required and provide overnight on-call support as part of a rota system.
Skills and Experience:
- Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- Experience of the Telerik controls for ASP.NET MVC including Kendo UI
- Good record of rich web-based GUI developments
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Experience of Microsoft SSIS
- End to end development lifecycle experience
- Planning and prioritisation skills
The following would be advantageous
- Experience of working in an investment banking technology environment.
- Azure platform
- BMC Control-M scheduling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and responsive to change
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.