Murex Business Analyst – Functional Consultant – FX Options, Base & Precious Metals
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Harrington Starr
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading Investment Bank based in the city, who are about to engage on global multi-asset Murex upgrade project. My client a leading financial services organisation are using Murex V2 solution for its Front Office FX Options and Metals activity and for Settlements.
Murex is the key element to ensure real-time control of PnL and sensitivities, produce EOD Risk indicators, feed the Back office systems, and generate confirmations, accounting and regulatory reporting on credit derivatives perimeter. As part of the team maintaining this central piece of IT architecture, you will deal with a scope particularly wide and rich in terms of functional coverage, Murex modules implemented and interlocutors you will have to interact with.
- Get involved in the existing projects and take part in a potential Murex binary upgrade
- Establish a connection between the requests of the business users and IT consultants
- New business requirement gathering, workflow review, reporting improvement etc.
- Provide assistance to end users on complex topics
- Provide highly responsive IT support in the trading teams in the front office
- Ensure rapid response to user technical and functional issues for a wide range of trading applications
The ideal candidate should possess prior experience of a Murex implementation or upgrade and must have previously worked on v.3.1.x.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, specifically FX Derivatives and FX Cash
- Commodities knowledge on either Base or Precious Metals
- Strong understanding of Front Office
- Financial background with an experience ranging from 4 to 8 years in Business Analyst role
- Knowledge of the Murex system
- Understanding of MxML workflows to provide assistance to middle office users
- Experience of understanding complex systems, analysing/resolving issues and writing functional as well as technical specifications
- Experience of working in medium to large teams in complex project environments
- Technical background as a plus
- Results-oriented individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills