- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
An experienced mortgage advisor is required to advise clients and arrange mortgages for current and potential clients of Investec. Investec Private Bank provides specialist lending and banking services to high net worth and professional clients. The objective of this role is to advise clients and arrange mortgages for current and potential clients of Investec.
- Mortgage Advice: Responsible for providing mortgage advice to clients and enable clients to obtain a mortgage product which is affordable and best suited their personal and financial needs
- Work alongside the Private Bankers and Deal Execution team to ensure delivery of the mortgage from initial enquiry through to completion
- Ensure management of quality submissions to credit and liaise with the credit team on structuring mortgage deals
- Product Development: Maintain an awareness of competitor product offerings and pricing and raise awareness of the mortgage offering with client advisors and identify opportunities to increase mortgage penetration. Identify enhancements to the product arising from market, regulatory or internal policy changes and work with key stakeholders.
- Compliance: Specialist knowledge of all relevant compliance and regulatory requirements, including the appropriate processes, procedures and implications
Skills and knowledge
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Managers and Supervisors)
- In depth experience providing mortgage advice in HNW clients
- End to end mortgage process management with an understanding of regulatory environment
- CEMAP or CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) Mortgage - Certificate in Mortgage Advice
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to build effective partnership with the business and central services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential in communicating with a wide audience, clear, reasoned approach needs to be demonstrated.
- Highly motivated with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
Other attributes that would be helpful but not essential for the role:
- Experience with non-resident foreign nationals, offshore company, trust structures and experience of self-build finance and properties having substantial works carried out
- Experience in preparation of credit submissions and handling of renewals of mortgages