Migration Data Analyst - PTSS
About the opportunity Department Description About Platform Technical Support Services (PTSS)
Following a multi-year business transformation programme we have introduced significant change in the way the Platform business operates. This has included the introduction of new features and services for our customers, as well as development of a new, customer centric operating model, utilising a new Investment Platform.
PTSS is a relatively new branded function designed to support this new operating model by providing a number of services, inclusing
Purpose of the Role
- Provide technical expertise on the running and ongoing development of the Platform, this includes understanding the systems, implementing improved processes, controls and workflows as well as assisting Incident identification and resolution.
- Data Management and Data Quality function to assist the wider operations team in managing and improving the quality of their data.
Fidelity have recently announced the acquisition of a Personal Investing business, with migrations to Fidelity to complete in 2021.
In preparation for the migration of Customer, Account, Portfolio and Regular Savings data to Fidelity, significant data analysis and migration planning is required to ensure a smooth onboarding process and an efficient ongoing management of the customer records.
The purpose of the role will be to assist with the analysis of migration data, including production of cleansing lists to be run as part of the migration process. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Use the internal Fidelity the Data Quality scorecard to identify Data Quality issues
- Use ad hoc data analysis techniques to review large data sets and produce summary information
- Review and Remediate Data Quality issues via Data Cleansing to improve scores
- Engage with the operational teams to understand processes and data requirements to ensure accurate remediation of data
- Report on the progress of Data Cleansing activities
- Understand and highlight the challenges to complete the required remediation
- Input into the understanding of the root cause of the Data Quality issues
- Identification of potential process or technology improvements to prevent the re-occurrence of Data Quality issues
About you About Fidelity International
- Understanding of Customer and Account data and the impact to our customers
- Strong Microsoft skills
- Experience of SQL is an advantage for efficient data analysis
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, keen to take on responsibility and new projects
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to demonstrate abilities and experience in duties and responsibilities mentioned above
- Ability to work well with various internal Fidelity departments at all levels
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, plan for such events and problem solve
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Due to the nature of the position, the role would suit someone who is able to manage their own time and a workload that can be heavy at times.
- Ability to create specific action plans out of complex data issues.
- Ability to assess downstream implications while deciding on data remediation actions.
- Escalate on time and be analytical in resolving unanticipated issues.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.