Middle Office Operations (German Speaker)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The candidate will be a German speaker working in the Middle Office team in London processing OTC and non-OTC trades encompassing Bond trades, FX, Derivatives Repos and Swaps with the aim being to provide support to the Portfolio Managers for any product traded. The primary responsibilities include regular contact with brokers to confirm trades, acting as escalation contact for settlement queries and monitoring the in-house STP trade capture system. Thus, strong trade flow management ability and good settlement experience are vital. Furthermore, the Associate will be involved in interaction with the Dublin and the Newport Beach offices.
- Daily interaction with Portfolio Managers, Compliance, and Investment Operations.
- Monitor proprietary trade capture system: ensure accurate trade capture and completeness of tickets.
- Complete initial confirmation with the broker for trades executed in London office
- Trade floor support: run various daily trade-flow reports and any ad hoc reports requested by Portfolio Management team.
- Interaction with Back Office support functions: escalation contact for trade settlement. The back office support is outsourced to State Street, daily contact through telephone and email. There is also direct contact with Brokers to resolve issues and support State Street as point of escalation.
- The team work on a weekly alternating shift pattern of 9.30am - 6.30pm and 11.30am until close. On average the late shift is shorter, but a willingness to work later hours as required is essential for the role.
- German language capabilities
- Proven experience in a similar role within Asset Management or Investment Banking.
- Excellent attention to detail. Strong analytical ability is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are vital to work within the firm's demanding and focused environment.
- Capability to manage multiple tasks with tight time deadlines and possess strong problem solving ability.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with a fair degree of autonomy as well as in a team environment is essential. PIMCO works on a flat structure so ability to work with all levels of firm.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, MS Outlook and Bloomberg. Basic knowledge of other MS programs such as PowerPoint preferred. SQL and programming skills are a plus.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is an advantage
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office