Middle Office Analyst, Off
State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The candidate will be expected to handle the day to day running of the an EMEA Portfolio Services team (supporting 1-2 clients), covering Portfolio Control, Information Delivery, Operational Control Framework, Cash Administration, Transitions, Static Data Management, Front Office Data Control and End Client Reporting functions.
The line manager is required to manage the team effectively in order to ensure that all governance activities are being carried in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide analytical support in any new client on-boarding lifecycle as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also have to make sure that all aspects of the Team`s activities are considered as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a client conversion. Role specifics
• Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
• Provide support to the Portfolio Manager on operational issues, provide command and control over inquiries, escalations and activities directly supporting the Front Office.
• Act as the escalation contact for Client Middle office teams on more complex queries /issues / breaks requiring end to end portfolio services support.
• For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances).
• Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
• Interact with all IMS teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
• Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
• Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC, not limited to IMS.
• Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
• Represent the Portfolio Services team in front of a client.
Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable.
• Act as the Governance lead for offshore locations where applicable
• Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.