Middle Office – FX, Senior Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Financial Markets Middle Office was set up in 2016 to deliver first class trade support, business enablement and accurate / timely trade representation in order to meet obligations to clients, counterparties and regulators. We are product and process subject matter experts aligned to the Global Financial Markets business providing follow the sun support, a continuous improvement mindset and industry connectivity.
Key Middle Office principles:
- Business alignment / Product expertise: Product specialists who understand business priorities and strategy, define optimal solutions leveraging industry leading facilities and influence behaviour through countenance
- Connect: Build bridges across the bank to simplify current operating model, create efficiencies and identify new opportunities
- Leadership and Market presence: Own your domain and influence product evolution, define internal standards and shape future utilities through selective industry positioning
- Risk Manager: Define the standard to effectively control the T-0 business day; understand regulations, key trends, and external incidents; voice opinions and concerns; protect the bank
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support for FX Trading and Sales Desks - including support for FX, FXO and MM products.
- Own query remediation, trade life-cycling and other day-to-day processing, ensuring timely escalation, in order to minimise risk
- Understand the FX trade lifecycle from front to back and be the subject matter expert and go-to person for the core systems processing
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and innovate:oWork with Technology and management to deliver transformation
- o Work with Technology and management to deliver transformation
- o Work with FO to identify booking model improvements and drive efficiency
- Face of Operations to FX/MM Desk locally - primary point of contact:
- o Insulate FM from post execution processing / queries, represent Operations functions
- o Build team profile with the Front Office
- o Stakeholder engagement, 2-way flow of information - "Trusted Advisor"
- New business enablement and solutions - quickly learn products and processes and add value to Front Office by taking post execution functions off their hands
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve global consistency, work closely with the Hubs in India and Malaysia and other regions to close gaps and standardise processes.
- Build strong relationship with Hub teams to facilitate efficient communications and speedy resolutions of issues:
- o Identify and close knowledge gaps within the Hubs through hands on training
- Engage with vendors to identify opportunities to enhances processes and systems and drive efficiency
- Understand and constantly strive to improve MIS, cost-per-trade, touch points per trade - drive their evolution and identify areas to proactively add value through improved data
- Be aware of, and strive to reduce, vendor costs
- Ensure Audit points are addressed within time lines
- Build a strong understanding of current rules and anticipation of upcoming regulations
- Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management:
- o Continuous review of procedures and booking model
- University degree preferred
- FX and FX Options subject matter knowledge in terms of product characteristics, risk, market data and P&L
- Additionally, knowledge of MM products would be beneficial
- Understanding of front to back process and systems flows
- Knowledge of latest industry developments
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Analytical and process improvement mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Confident communicator able to adapt style to Front Office and offshore colleagues
- Ability to influence demanding individuals
- Impact and gravitas to drive meetings with senior Ops and FO management
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and values mindset
- Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions
- Knowledge of Murex 2.11 and 3.1, FX Connect and Bloomberg preferable
- Proficient in Excel (pivots, lookups and basic VBA an advantage)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .