Merchant Banking Division, Real Estate Debt Capital Markets, Analyst - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS MERCHANT BANKING
The Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division ("MBD") invests in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, growth equity and infrastructure worldwide. Consisting of over 900 professionals in 25 offices in 15 countries, our business operates on a global platform and we are one of the largest managers of private capital globally.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our MBD professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
The EMEA Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team , part of the Real Estate group within MBD , seeks an Analyst.
DCM leads ongoing debt-related and structured finance activities, respectively, across real estate investments for both the firm's balance sheet and client funds.
The Analyst role currently open within Debt Capital Markets will support all debt sourcing, structured finance activities and relationship management. The team engages in (1) debt related sourcing, originations, restructuring and refinancing efforts, (2) ongoing relationship management with lenders and strategic partners (3) acquisition/development/financing opportunities (4) negotiation of term sheets and loan agreements coupled with oversight of compliance with loan covenants (5) investment structuring and closing and (6) capital markets focus. The ideal candidate has experience in loan originations and real estate finance. Responsibilities
- Assist with all debt related activities (i.e. loan sourcing, loan execution, and restructurings) - including elements such as production of marketing presentation materials, and modelling debt covenants and returns
- Coordinate and interact with real estate, portfolio management, legal and closing teams on structuring of investments, negotiations, and executing transactions
- Providing oversight and management of currently outstanding debt facilities, along with monitoring & maintaining future pipeline reporting
- Working with acquisition and asset management teams during acquisition due diligence and annual business plan process
- Interface with business units on frequent basis to discuss investing opportunities
- Manage relations with lender relationships and third party debt brokers
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 1+ years of related experience in real estate finance and/or loan originations
- Orientation toward financial markets
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident)
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial in nature with strong organization and management skills a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity